This version of the system menu added USB keyboard support and added support for New version of Internet Channel and Everybody Votes Channel.
October 10, 2007 (rev01)
- A Keyboard inserted into a USB port on the console can be used for text input and specific button controls for certain features and channels.
- New version of Internet Channel.
- New version of Everybody Votes Channel :
- The updated version of the Everybody Votes Channel provides an improved display for the National Results by Region.
December 10, 2007 (rev02)
- Added the "Gift Feature" to the Wii Shop Channel, which lets you spend Wii Shop points on a Wii Shop item that you can have sent to a friend.
- New version of Photo Channel (1.1) :
- Personalize your Wii Menu by making one of your favorite digital images from an SD memory card as the Photo Channel icon.
- Replaces MP3 music file support with AAC compatibility.
January 30, 2008 (rev03)
- New version of Check Mii Out Channel :
- The ability to view up to 500 Miis after clicking "Popular" in the Posting Plaza.
- A new button on the Posting Plaza that allows you to view Miis that you have designed and posted.
- The ability to view Miis created by a specific Mii Artisan from his or her profile screen in the Posting Plaza.
- The addition of Parental Controls. As with all other parental controls on Wii, if activated, a PIN code will be required to use the channel.
If you have a System Menu below 3.2 and wish to upgrade, use AnyRegion Changer to update.
WARNING: Be advised that if your system is shipped with 4.0 preinstalled, you can not downgrade and will brick your console.
If you have a System Menu above 3.2 and wish to downgrade, AnyRegion Changer can do this too, and it appears to do a more thorough job than some other tools. See WiiBrew:FAQ#Downgrading?.