- Not to be confused with System Menu v3.1|System Menu#Version|System Menu v3.1.
|Release date||October 10, 2007 October 10, 2007|
|System Menu IOS||IOS30|
This version of the system menu added USB keyboard support and added support for New version of Internet Channel and Everybody Votes Channel.
It was also preinstalled on Hollywood AA consoles, which were released in December 2007. This is the first menu since System Menu 1.0 (or 2.0 in non-U regions) to be preinstalled on consoles, and as a result, menus between 2.0 and 3.0 have a more basic setup meant for after the system is formatted.
October 10, 2007 (rev01)
- Changed initial setup to be more like it was in System Menu 1.0 (which showed an image to press A, then asked for language, sensor bar position, date, time, aspect ratio, nickname, and parental controls). 2.0-3.0 only asked for country, attempted to update (which always fails because internet settings have not yet been shown), and said burn-in reduction exists. In addition to the 1.0 menus, 3.1 mentions screen burn-in reduction at the end, and includes country settings between console nickname and parental controls.
- A Keyboard inserted into a USB port on the console can be used for text input and specific button controls in the System Menu.
- Added IOS33 and IOS35, used by games. The first error 001-compatible games used these IOSes.
- Added IOS34, used by the updated Internet Channel with USB keyboard support
- Added the NAND Boot Program back to IOS15 and IOS21, restoring the urgent Internet Channel update that was removed in 3.0rev02
December 10, 2007 (rev02)
- Added the "Gift" feature to the Wii Shop Channel, which lets you spend Wii Shop points on a Wii Shop item that you can have sent to a friend.
- Added Photo Channel 1.1, although Photo Channel 1.1 dummy is required to use it.
Message from Nintendo
We would like to inform you that
you can now update your Wii
Menu to version 3.1. To do this,
please select the "Update" button
at the bottom of your screen.
Please note that you can now use
a USB keyboard with the Wii
Please go to www.nintendo.com
to learn which keyboards can be
**If you've updated your system
on or after October 10, you may
already have the latest version of
the system software and do not
need to perform this update