|Genesis Plus GX|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
See included README.pdf
The SD card should be formatted to FAT (FAT16 or FAT32). If not found, the emulator automatically creates a directory named “/genplus” at the root of your SD card, as well as subdirectories required by the emulator to store miscellaneous files (cheat, save & screenshot files).
By default, the emulator will look for files in the sd:/genplus/roms directory but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device.
The USB drive should have at least one partition formatted to FAT (FAT16 or FAT32), other file systems (NTFS, EXT2, etc) are not supported. If no SD card is inserted when the emulator starts, it automatically creates a directory named “/genplus” at the root of your USB drive partition, as well as subdirectories required by the emulator to store miscellaneous files (cheat, save & screenshot files).
By default, the emulator will look for files in the usb:/genplus/roms directory but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device and for each file types.
To use an USB2 drive, you must have IOS58 installed (it should be automatically installed with System Menu 4.3 update). You should also load the emulator through the Homebrew Channel, using the provided meta.xml file and make sure Homebrew Channel is using IOS58 as default IOS. If not, you might need to reinstall Homebrew Channel after having installed IOS58.
The DVD should be formatted using ISO9660/Joliet (refer to the user manual of your DVD Burning software for more details).
By default, the emulator will look for files at the root of your DVD but you can place them anywhere you want, the menu keeping trace of the last accessed directory for each device and for each file types.
To use DVD on a non-chipped Wii, you should load the emulator through the Homebrew Channel and use the provided meta.xml file, in order to allow full access to the DVD drive.
Mega CD emulation
1) Original BIOS ROM files are required (one for each region): unzip & rename them to bios_CD_U.bin, bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin in /genplus/bios/ directory
2) When using ISO image files, WAV or OGG files should be provided as AUDIO track files. You can either load a CUE file pointing to a specific ISO file and containing all the needed information about AUDIO tracks files or directly load the ISO file. In the latter case, the emulator will first look for a .CUE file with the same base name, then if no CUE file is found, it will automatically look for .WAV or .OGG files respecting one of the following naming format (“XXX” being the .ISO filename, NN being the track number and “yyy” being either .wav or .ogg extension): “XXXNN.yyy”, “XXX NN.yyy”, “XXX-NN.yyy”, “XXX - NN.yyy” or “XXX_NN.yyy”. Please note that other compressed audio files (such as .mp3, .mpc, .wma, etc) are NOT supported and audio tracks should be using 16-bit stereo 44100Hz format.
3) When using BIN images files, audio tracks are generally stored within the image file. A CUE file is therefore required with all the needed information about audio tracks location. You can either load the CUE file pointing to the specific BIN file or directly load the .BIN file. In the latter case, the emulator will automatically look for a CUE file with the same base name as the BIN file.
|or /||/||/ or||/ or||Move|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Display the selected entry's full filename|
|/ or||/||/ or||/ or||Select previous/next file|
|/||/||/||/||Down/Up one full page|
|Quit the file selection menu|
|or||or||Up one directory|
|or||or||Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
Game Controls (default)
The control can be changed in "Emulator Options/Controls Options" menu except directional buttons & Menu key.
|+ or or or||Emulator Menu|
Please see included HISTORY.txt for full changelog
Genesis Plus GX 1.7.4 (21/06/2013) (Eke-Eke)
- fixed access to read-only registers on Main-CPU side ("Batman Returns" platform level freeze)
- fixed & improved emulation of PRG-RAM write protection register ("Lunar Eternal Blue" japanese version freeze)
- improved SUB & MAIN-CPU synchronization ("Dracula Unleashed" freeze when using US Model 2 BIOS)
- improved CPU polling detection
- improved CDD emulation & added CD drive access time for SEEK command ("Panic!/Switch" intro missing scene)
- added missing reinitialization of MAIN-CPU PRG-RAM bank on reset
- added .OGG audio tracks support through LIBTREMOR
- fixed YM2612 configurable DAC depth emulation
- improved Low-Pass filter
- added optional "MONO" output mode
- fixed FIFO access timings when using invalid write code value ("Clue" menu)
- fixed DMA Copy with undocumented code value ("Fatal Labyrinth" end sequence)
- minor code fixes & optimizations
- optimized 68k stack read/write functions
- fixed broken 68k address error emulation
- fixed 68k interrupt behavior (prevents interrupts from being executed multiple time when 68k is halted)
- fixed Z80 registers initial state, added proper initialization when using PBC (verified on real hardware by Charles McDonald)
- fixed SRAM incompatibilities between BIG ENDIAN & LITTLE ENDIAN platforms (note: this breaks old .srm files with LITTLE ENDIAN platform ports)
- added support for a few recently dumped unlicensed games
- added auto-detection of byte-swapped ROM files
- fixed CD Leds positioning when using NTSC filter
- improved on-screen CD Leds (thanks to Iceknight)
- various code fixes & improvements