|Licence||GNU GPL v2|
CleanRip is a Gamecube and Wii optical disc backup tool for the Nintendo Wii.
The "Clean" in CleanRip comes from the fact that this tool does not require nor utilize any custom IOS (cIOS). It simply requires that you have the latest Homebrew Channel (HBC) installed. Also, if it finds that IOS58 is installed, you will be able to rip discs at USB 2.0 speeds.
Extract the .zip archive to your card and run it via the Homebrew Channel. Follow the on-screen instructions.
1.0.5 (June 29th, 2012)
- Built with latest libOGC git (as of 30/06/2012)
- Built with libntfs-2012-1-15 (SVN Rev 13)
- Async read/write support for faster dumps (tueidj)
- Fixed time remaining to be accurate (tueidj)
- Fixed a potential bug when writing next chunk (tueidj)
- Fixed redump.org DAT file downloads (now re-hosted on gc-forever.com)
- Use proper DVD init from PPC and kill the starlet DVD IRQ (tueidj)
- Fixed Motor Off error message at the end of dumps
1.0.4 (September 25th, 2010)
- Added redump.org DAT file downloading
- Added more info to the dumpinfo.txt
- Fixed rip completion time not showing up
- Fixed NTFS issues (failed to create file/etc)
1.0.3 (September 20th, 2010)
- Added SHA-1 and CRC32 calculation (all saved to disk)
- Fixed redump.org verification on second and subsequent files
- Compiled with the latest libFAT & libOGC
1.0.2 (September 19th, 2010)
- Added redump.org in-program verification (see FAQ section)
- Added auto file splitting (i.e. ripping a Wii disc to a large FAT32 hdd)
- Fixed BCA dumping (GC & Wii disc)
- Fixed Multi-Disc rip file names
- Fixed Crashes on disc init
1.0.1 (September 14th, 2010)
- Added experimental BCA dumping (Wii disc only)
- Added MD5 sum saving
- Fixed Speed/ETA calculation
- Fixed file split issues
- Fixed SD/USB re-init issues
- Hopefully random code dumps with Wiimote are gone
- FAT32 / NTFS file system support
- USB 2.0 support
- Front SD Support
- Gamecube / Wii / Wii Dual layer disc dumping
- BCA ripping to disk
- File Splitting (Maximum file size (only on NTFS) or 1, 2, 3 GB)
- MD5/SHA-1/CRC32/Disc version are saved to disk
- Redump.org in-program verification for known rips
- Wii running the latest HBC (http://bootmii.org)
- Wii or GC Controller
- USB or SD storage device (>1.35GB free space)
libNTFS - Tantric/rodries (http://code.google.com/p/wiimc/source/browse/#svn/trunk/libs/libntfs)
libOGC/devKitPPC - shagkur / WinterMute
Team Twiizers for the HBC/Bootmii (http://bootmii.org) .. and you, the users of course :)
NTFS was broken on versions 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 - but was fixed in 1.0.4.
Issues with modchips
When dumping GC Games, if you have a Wiikey/Modchip installed, make sure region patching is turned off, especially the "Full GC Regionfree" feature that Wiikey has as it will produce bad rips.
Wii DAT download
The Wii/GC DAT files from redump.org fail to download. To manually obtain these files, download the latest version of the "Datfiles, Cuesheets, and GDIs compilation" from Here. Extract the Wii and GC dat files. Rename the files to wii.dat and gc.dat and place them in the root directory of the device you will use to rip discs with.
If you're having any issues, drop by the forums at http://www.gc-forever.com/ and post your question.