This is a modified save game (savegame exploit) of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers, based on Team Twiizers Indiana Pwns and Twilight Hack source code. It uses a buffer overflow, found by ichfly, to run unsigned code on a Wii console (*.dol and *.elf files) on ANY System Menu.
NOTE: This exploit is for PAL Wii consoles. If you have an authentic NTSC-U or NTSC-J Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers Game Disc, use Yu-Gi-Vah.
Usage & Installation
The game has to be booted at least once before you can use the exploit. If you have an existing YU-Gi-Oh 5D's save, you can optionally backup or delete it.
- Copy either the "private" directory of the 50Hz or the 60Hz version from the archive to the root directory of an SD card (2 GB or smaller).
- Place either a *.dol or *.elf file (for example HackMii Installer) in the root directory of your SD card.
- Put your SD Card in your Wii.
- Go into Wii Options -> Data Management -> Save Data -> Wii.
- Go to the SD Card and move the Yu-Gi-OWNED! save to your Wii.
- Insert Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers (PAL), go to Disc Channel, and start it.
- Press and wait until the title menu shows up.
- Press and you will see a loading screen. Wait a couple of seconds and your homebrew will be executed.
Will there be a NTSC-U/J version of the exploit?
Maybe. In the mean time, feel free to use Yu-Gi-Vah.
Can I use a "backup" of the game?
No. No piracy here. Rent the authentic disc from a video store.
What about SDHC cards?
You need a SD Card. SDHC Cards are not working yet.
The archive contains a "50Hz Version" and "60Hz Version" folder. What does that mean?
Depending on the video signal of your Wii, you need to use the right version. For 576i (50Hz) use the 50Hz version, for 480i and 480p (both 60Hz) use the 60Hz version. A version that supports both video signals is on its way. The wrong Version may crash. May need time to fix this or it may not be possible to fix this.
I have problems launching a file. What should I do?
Remember, that the exploit is not fully developed yet. It's just a beta. You just need to launch the HackMii Installer to install the Homebrew Channel though.
Where is the official support forum?
Unfortunately, due to Wiibrews strange site policy, a link of the forum is not allowed here though it's all against piracy.
- ichfly for finding the buffer overflow and developing the exploit
- Team Twiizers for Twilight Hack and Indiana Pwns source code
- NeoRame for banner and icon
- All Alpha and Beta testers
- wii-homebrew.com for its support
- 2010 ichfly
- 2010 NeoRame (Banner + Icon)
- 2008-2009 Segher Boessenkool <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2008 Haxx Enterprises <email@example.com>
- 2008 Hector Martin "marcan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 2003-2004 Felix Domke <email@example.com>
- Color Screen for bug reports
- Version in title (60Hz or 50Hz)
- added icon and banner from NeoRame
- added exception code
- added reinit CPU (HackMii Installer 0.8 is now working)
- added more debug messages
- added support for *.dol files
- added support for 50Hz video mode
- removed externdebug (not needed)
- added unprotectmem
Nintendo's Connection Ambassador
You can support ichfly by sharing your Wii-Code for Nintendo's Connection Ambassador promo. More information can be found in the included README.