|Author(s)||Raz0red and Arikado|
WiirtualBoy is a Wii port of the Mednafen Virtual Boy Emulator .
- Colors are not 100% accurate in 3D display modes (2D modes are accurate).
- Sound may not be 100% accurate
- Due to the current emulation speed, several games require frame skipping to run at full speed (see cartridge compatibility).
- Frame skipping may cause graphical corruption. Some games do not run at full speed as adding frame skipping causes too much corruption (see cartridge compatibility).
To install WiirtualBoy, simply extract the zip file directly to your SD card or USB device (retain the hierarchical structure exactly).
Cartridge images must be placed in the roms directory (/wiivb/roms).
WiirtualBoy ships with a database that contains recommended settings for most commercial cartridges. These settings cover control mappings, display settings including frame skipping, etc.
To view/edit the settings applied for a particular cartridge perform the following steps:
- Load the cartridge (via the "Load cartridge" menu item)
- Return to the WiirtualBoy menu
- Select the "Cartridge settings (current cartridge)" menu item
- Examine the "Control" and "Display" settings for the cartridge
The WiirtualBoy Cartridge Compatibility page lists each game that has been tested along with its associated hash values (one for the full file, one that excludes the header information).
Enable the "Debug mode" option within the "Advanced" menu to view the hash (excluding header information) when a cartridge is playing.
The following section contains the "default" control mappings for WiirtualBoy.
It is important to note that if the cartridge that is being loaded exists in the Cartridge Database it may contain non-default mappings.
|/||/ or||/ or||/ or||Scroll through the Menu|
|/||/ or||/ or||/ or||Page through the Menu|
|or||Select menu item|
|Exit to Homebrew channel|
|or||or||Left control pad|
|N/A||Right control pad|
|Exit to menu|
- Mednafen team
- Providing an incredible emulator along with valuable insights and suggestions during the port.
- Menu example code and SDL enhancements
0.1 - June 23, 2011
- Initial public release
- Improved sound quality
- Left and right sound channels are now correct
- Several minor bug fixes
- Minor performance improvements
0.0 - June 16, 2011
- Preview release