--Homebrew sorter uninstall gone bad need help--- I installed hbs from homebrew browser and ran it. None of my apps showed and rather then play around or even hit "all" I just deleted hbs. Since then my homebrew channel has been useless. I have tried formatting my sd card, uninstalling bootmii and homebrew channel and doing a complete fresh install of everything. But much to my dismay the homebrew channel is still blank after a fresh install. how do I undo what hbs did? Syco78 01:30, 13 September 2010 (CEST)syco78 9/12/10 please help
- Please give this a go: http://www.codemii.com/homebrew_sorter_restore.dol --Teknecal 14:49, 13 September 2010 (CEST)
Hi all... I wanted to give the Homebrew browser a try, butt it keeps on giving me a dump. I am running: 3.2 PAL 1.9s Wiikey
When i want to start it prompts to install. Yes --> Dump No --> Dump
What am i doing wrong ??
- Do you have an SD card in the Wii? Is it formatted? Have you tried using ftpii to manually install the Homebrew Browser? Have you been able to run any other Wii applications? --Teknecal 10:48, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
Well most Homebrew runs without any problems. ScummVM and a lot of games, WaD installers etc they run ok. I do have an SD card, but it is not formatted, or else i cannot use it with the Homebrew channel !! FTPII... never used that before. But is this a problem with your app ?? Or in combination with the Homebrew Channel ??
- I'm really not sure what the problem could be? When you press B, does it say "Retrieving Homebrew application images" or does it just code dump? Very strange. --Teknecal 13:58, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
UPDATE: The code dump comes right after when it says "Retrieving Homebrew application images". I don't even see him loading. Is this a problem with the SD ? I tried different types but it doesn't matter :|
- Seems like people are having this issue. Check your SD card and make sure that the little notch on the card isn't set to locked mode (meaning the Wii can't write to the SD card). --Teknecal 11:08, 6 August 2008 (CEST)
Used differnt cards and the lock is off... because i can write on it with my wii...
- Please try the following boot file which contains debug information - http://www.codemii.com/homebrew_browser.elf --Teknecal 14:52, 7 August 2008 (CEST)
Sorry for the long delay... Now i have tried your debug version. It says than: downloading Image, and then the code dump appears. B4rtj4h 19:20, 20 august 2008
- Thanks for replying. I assume that you are seeing "About to download image file" and then it code dumps. I've updated the HBB debug with more debug text, please re-try it: http://www.codemii.com/homebrew_browser_debug.elf --Teknecal 09:59, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
Well... it does write a lot :), but the strange thing is that i have to set my SD cards locked. (because i cannot write on them with my computer but your homebrew apparently does)
Little weird, but seems ok ;) EDIT: Is it normal that when i start the browser it is checking every file (takes about 10 minutes) ? But when it is runnin its coooool !!
- It should only take like 1/4 of a second or less for each dot to appear when it's checking the files. Do you have a really slow SD card? I'm using a 2 year old 64 MB SD card and it works fast.
LOL... the package said Speedy xD... Bought a real speedy one and it runs a little faster now. Maybe an idea: can't you change HBL so it starts with the files it already has, and than update them ?? So not first updatin and than browsin, but meanwile when you're browsing./
Could you add WiiPhysics, the new version please?
- Done, updated to v1.3 --Teknecal 16:29, 8 July 2008 (CEST)
Any plans to track download count? One of the reasons I like hosting my own downloads are to see if anyone is actually using the stuff i write (WiiPhysics). Would be nice to be able to get an idea of what is downloaded using your tool. --Beardface 18:44, 8 July 2008 (CEST)
- There is a plan to do that in the future (once the about box is replaced with an about window, so things like ratings, download count, a longer description and maybe a screenshot can be shown). For now I can provide some stats from the webserver logs on the top 10 downloaded applications. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Homebrew_apps/Homebrew_Browser#Stats
When you install Sand Traps 1.2 using HBB it creates an empty directory called 'f' inside the 'levels' folder. This 'f' folder was not in the original Sand Traps 1.2 archive. Also, if you had downloaded version 1.1 using HBB and then upgraded to 1.2 you also have an empty 'fu' folder inside the 'levels' folder, which also is not supposed to be there. Is it possible for you to make an updated version of Sand Traps (you can call it version 1.2.1 if you like) where these empty folder are not included? If it's a mistake in any of my original archives, then please let me know and I'll fix it. Thank you very much in advance! --Flarup 03:14, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, I'll make the changes. I think the issue might have to do with the folders to create actually have spaces in between which messes up HBB I think. --Teknecal 13:20, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Should I avoid using spaces in file names in future versions of my code? Or do you make an updated version of HBB that handles it?--Flarup 18:20, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
Controllers for OpenTyrianWii
Hey, could you please update the supported controllers for OpenTyrianWii to include the nunchuck and GC pad? Thanks! - Molokai 03:41, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, it has been done. --Teknecal 12:38, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Alternative Contact Method?
- Yeah, you can email me at email@example.com --Teknecal 11:23, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
- Thanks. --Lukegb 11:49, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
Too many apps and games soon
Soon there will be so many apps and homebrew games it will slow down the whole experience, so what about hiding the apps/games someone has and are up to date with? I love the different colour schemes etc letting us know if we have and if things are up to date, but imo soon there will be too many pages to flick through so perhaps an option to hide all installed and updated to current version apps. Just a thought. Great stuff m8 :) Slimmmmmm
Hi. I'm interested in running queries on the Homebrew Browser stats you have at codemii. I know it's a long shot, but what are the odds of getting read access to your database? I'll be your best friend! -- MetaFight 20:41, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sent you a PM on youtube. --Teknecal 23:57, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks --Linus 18:15, 13 August 2009 (UTC)
hey, daid is thinking of adding the ability to download songs via your wii in guitars on fire, working off your idea do you think you could help him out? Calthephenom 19:08, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Do you have daid's contact details? I have uploaded a quick HTTP downloading wxample here: HTTP Download Example --Teknecal 21:59, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- I only just noticed this. Thanks anyhow Teknecal. Great work on HBB, the nr1 must have application. Calthephenom is running around like a headless chicken like usual. I have quite a bit of knowlage about http, and didn't really need an example. But I do have some comments on your HTTP download example. I see you request http 1.0, which is good, simple, clean and easy to implement. But in the return codes you only check for HTTP/1.1 4/5xx error codes. While some servers can reply with HTTP/1.0 xxx codes. Also, not all servers will respect your HTTP/1.0 request and will still reply with 1.1 features. Even if you add the headers "Connection: Close" They will still answer with "Chunked" encoding. And even with that you'll run into server that implement chunked encoding wrong. Or don't tell you what transfer type they will use. I have a Java class that supports most of these issues. And I'll hope to rewrite that to C code soon. Maybe you're interested? --Daid 15:09, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
I am planning on adding a Homebrew Browser Downloader to my application, Homebrew Card Manager, it would download it from codemii.com and then extract it to the apps folder. Are you OK with me doing this?--HUN73R /\/\. 02:56, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yep, that's fine. --Teknecal 13:38, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- thanks! :D --HUN73R /\/\. 17:16, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
I am as well having a problem with code dumping but there is another problem and that is it does a memory dump along with the code dump. I am able to get onto the program but if I wait for a few seconds afterward, that is when the dumping starts. I tried using the debug above but i am not quite sure what folder to put it in. Thx for any help. Coolhawk0 19:53, 27 January 2010 (UTC)coolhawk0
Hey, when you update OpenTyrianWii on HBB next, could you insert this meta.xml into your served zip? meta It includes an updated long_description for the benefit of the HBB users. I will be releasing it like that from now on (but only the latest changelog). Thanks. Molokai 00:33, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Sure thing. --Teknecal 08:26, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, also, I just uploaded a new version of tyrianFiles to my GoogleCode page (now only < 5 MB in size) that you might want to include in the update. Molokai 01:37, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
Please add this to Homebrew Browser
Hi, please add AnyRegion Changer to the Homebrew Browser... I've tried downloading it, and everything... Extracting all of the files in the AnyRegion Changer folder to the "AnyRegion Changer" folder in the apps folder on my SD card, but it doesn't work. If you could add it to the Homebrew Browser it would be much appreciated ThisIsMyUsername 18:45, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
- That application can't be added dude. Anything that makes permanent changes to NAND=not on HBB. People who have no idea what they're doing would have access to tools that can easily **** up their Wiis permanently. Besides, it's much simpler to just download and install Priiloader+Priiloader hacks, and then enable Region-free Everything. 22:06, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
I tried using the homebrew browser and used the backup server (ww2.codemii.com) and it kept saying "Read error -81. Retrying.." repeatedly until the entire screen says that. I tried deleting HBB and reinstalling it, it still happens to me.
- I’m 99% sure Homebrew Browser is gone. Use Open Shop Channel instead. (Also, teknecal hasn’t made any edits since January 2020, so it’s unlikely that they’ll respond) Hallowizer (talk) 00:52, 16 November 2021 (CET)