|Quake Rev PAK|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Quake Rev PAK is a collection of gaming engines, related to the Quake series of games by id Software, modified to run on the Nintendo Wii, using the popular devkitPPC toolchain for homebrew development.
Release 4 is out!
Relevant changes include:
- New GX-accelerated builds of Q2Rev and Q2CTFRev.
- Support for the official Quake and Quake II Mission Packs, now available in the Quake Rev PAK launcher.
- Lots of bug fixes, including an embarrasing one where left & right sound channels were inverted (oops!)
- Fixed a problem with Quake II savegame files, which were not compatible between releases. Starting from Release 4, all new savegame files will work as expected.
- Also starting from this release, it will be required that the game data folders be located inside folders called "Q1" and "Q2" at the engines folder level. This will help having Quake and Quake II data separated, and thus be able to play the "rogue" Mission Packs (Dissolution of Eternity, Ground Zero).
NOTICE: The config.cfg data generated by previous releases of the Q2Rev and Q2CTFRev engines might contain invalid data. It is recommended that you delete them before playing the Quake II games. The engines will recreate the config.cfg files when they are not found.
The provided launcher will start the following games (provided that their respective game data files were copied into the installation folder):
- Quake (using the Q1Rev engine)
- Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
- Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity
- QuakeWorld (using the QWRev engine)
- Quake II (using the Q2Rev engine)
- Quake II Mission Pack: The Reckoning
- Quake II Mission Pack: Ground Zero
- Quake II Threewave Capture The Flag (using the Q2CTFRev engine)
Visit each page in order to learn to set-up and play the games.
The launcher is able to start these games, based on the data provided by the accompanying QRevPAK.xml file. This contains all the info required to launch a particular game, including:
- Engine .dol/.elf filename
- Arguments that are passed to the engine (as if they were passed on a command line)
By modifying QRevPAK.xml, you can add new engines, or alter the way the engines are launched; this can be really useful if you have mods that you would like to play using Quake Rev PAK, or to improve the existing ones.
The archive does not provide a QRevPAK.xml file. If it's not present when you start Quake Rev PAK, the file will be created for you. Also, future releases might modify your current QRevPAK.xml with new updates, preserving your customized entries if detected.
Original source code (C) 1996-2012 Id Software, Inc.
Modifications (c) 2009-2012 Heriberto Delgado.