What is it?
This is a framework guide for programmers - using things like XML, Fonts, Images and the
Standard Template Library.
STL is a C++ library of container classes, algorithms, and iterators.
The framework is basically my ‘Bolt Thrower’ game stripped of all its guts, I’ve also removed anything yet unfinished or confusing for this guide.
- Easy support images – using image library Tga, Pnu & Jpg pictures.
- Supports optimised fonts – using font manager
- Supports dynamically generated XML variables - banish hard coded variables with no need to recompile
- Initialises the Wii
- Simplifies screen updating
- Provides a 3D camera interface
- Debug support
- Uses techniques like Hash Strings, STL containers & Singletons
- Little-endian file support
Things you’ll find in the package
- makefonts.bat - (uses FontTool.exe to create a few example fonts)
- CompileAndRun.bat (Creates and runs a dol via WiiLoad, see makefile)
- Source - (this is all the code, including TinyXML source)
- lib - (extra 3rd party libs needed for this package to compile)
- Things_For_SD_Card - (Working example for launching via homebrew channel)
- makefile - (The projects rules for compiling)
How do I download it?
Download the framework package here or via the infobox