Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eri HaKawai is a safe way to enable homebrew on a Wii without hardware modification. Eri HaKawai is achieved by playing a hacked game save for "Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World" which executes a homebrew application from an external SD card. Examples of such homebrew .elf or .dol files can be found on the Homebrew applications page. Eri HaKawai was created by delroth for PAL consoles and ported to NTSC by giantpune.
Usage & Installation
- SD card (not SDHC) formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
- Some possibility to copy the savegame from the PC to the SD card (i.e. card reader).
- "Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World" game.
- Some homebrew software to load, e.g. the HackMii Installer. Although this isn't necessary, it's highly recommended.
- (OPTIONAL) If you have an existing ToS savegame. MOVE it to another SD CARD.
- Copy the "private" folder to the root of your SD card.
- Put the homebrew you want to load on the root of your SD card, named "boot.elf".
- On your Wii, copy the save from the SD card to the internal memory.
- Start the game and load the first save.
- Press the PLUS button to enter the game menu.
- Scroll to the STATUS button and press A.
- Scroll to the monster named "Eri HaKawai" (NTSC version: "Giantpune") and press A.
- The boot.elf file should be loaded from your SD card.
- Eri HaKawai NTSC-U v1 + Source: EriHaKawai.tar.gz
- Eri HaKawai NTSC-J v1 + Source: EriHakawai Jap v1.tar.gz
- Eri HaKawai NTSC-J v2 + Source: EriHakawai Jap v2.tar.gz
- Eri HaKawai PAL v1 + Source: Erihakawai-0.1.tar.bz2
- Team Twiizers: savezelda ELF loader
- Giantpune: NTSC version of the exploit, graphics, exploit name
- Segher: Wii tools (tachtig/twintig)
- All the people at #wiidev that helped me