|ctr-gcs: DacoTaco Edition|
What is ctr-gcs: DacoTaco Edition ?
ctr-gcs: DacoTaco Edition is a tool built to create or restore full, raw memory card backups and GCI save files just like the GC application Ctr-gcs did. These dumps can be saved to restore later or be used in emulators like Dolphin-emu. Unlike ctr-gcs however, this utility can read or write to unofficial memory cards; no matter what its size is.
The program will read & write the dump to the SD card (in the ctr-gcs folder) as MemoryCardA.raw or MemoryCardB.raw
Also please note that if you restore a corrupt dump to a memory card, or if the program shows an error while creating or restoring a dump, you may end up with a corrupted memory card.
- Fix CARD_Create error -6 (failure to create cause previous delete didn't free the allocations correctly) on GCI restore
- Make code nicer to look at
0.2b (March 25th 2012)
- fixed a few looping errors
- fixed DSI crash before restoring a raw image
0.2 (March 23th 2012)
- made program loop instead of 1 operation per time
- fixed minor bugs
- renamed raw dump file. its changed to MemoryCardA.raw or MemoryCardB.raw
- made the save file (on memcard and CGI list) scrollable incase you have more then 29 entries
How to use official nintendo memory cards on 0.2b and below
Due to an issue with DSP & libogc ; libogc is unable to unlock the official memory cards in wii mode. because of this; the memory card needs to be unlocked from system menu first. To do this; you have to follow the following steps:
- Start System menu, and unplug the memory card. wait 1 second and then plug it back in the wii
- Go to the settings menu in system menu
- Go to the Data management menu; followed by the save menu
- Go to the Gamecube menu and look at the card you wish to use (slot A or B, tested in slot A)
- hit the back button untill you are back at the main menu (channel selection) and start Homebrew channel
- boot ctr-gcs : DacoTaco edition and proceed like normal
This was tested on several Wii's with several types of official cards and it seemed to work time and time again. However there is no guarantee it will always work for you.