|This page contains material which is kept because it is considered humorous. It was an April Fools joke; please do not panic about updating.|
|Release date||March 31, 2022 March 31, 2022|
|System Menu IOS||IOS80|
|Wiimpersonator log (U)|
|Wiimpersonator log (E)|
|Wiimpersonator log (J)|
|Wiimpersonator log (K)|
- Deleted 00010001-af1bf516 (Homebrew Channel 1.1.0)
- This code was already present in the vWii, and was probably a remnant from 2011.
- Updated boot2 to v6
- Added IOS63, which is not used by anything
- Added code to DI of IOS37, IOS55, IOS56, IOS57, and IOS61 to patch NUS libraries
- IOS61 now has the NAND Boot Program; this seems to patch NAND titles to use the new NUS domain, although Nintendo forgot that as of 4.3rev03, the Wii Shop Channel uses IOS56.
- All updated IOSes now have their system version set to 0-6 instead of 0-0
- A single region-free EULA channel has replaced the existing EULA channel
- This channel uses IOS61, so the NUS patch applies to it.
- The old EULA has been removed from the SOAP server
Message from Nintendo
Wii Menu version 4.4 is now available for your Wii console. To update your Wii Menu to the latest version, please select the System Update option in Wii System Settings.
This update is required for the Wii Shop Channel to continue working on your Wii console. Until further notice, you may still redownload titles that were purchased before the Wii Shop Channel's closure on January 30, 2019. The update also provides behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve the overall system performance.
Because unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.4 will also check for and automatically remove such save data or program files.
You may also view the updated Wii User Agreement online at https://support.nintendo.com/.
**Please note: If you've updated your Wii Menu after 3/30/22, you may not need to update again.
Thank you for updating your Wii console!