USB mass storage device tester
|USB mass storage device tester|
USB mass storage device tester is a small application that:
- looks for any USB mass storage devices connected to the Wii
- tries to display a file listing of the root folder
- creates a file called testtest.txt with the content 'test' there.
You can use Wiimote or GameCube controller. (Even though it says GameCube only.)
- FOR FAT (12, 16 AND 32) DEVICES ONLY
- USING THIS ON ANY DEVICE THAT HAS A NON-FAT FILESYSTEM ON IT WILL RESULT IN DATA CORRUPTION
- CREATE A BACKUP BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE
Current source code is in the libogc CVS.
Partial List of Devices
Here is a partial list of compatible USB mass storage devices. If a device appears in the list, it should be supported. Pay attention to the ID codes. Some brand names will use different manufacturers with different device ID codes (different parts). If a device does not appear on the list, it does NOT mean that it is not supported. If you have some time, feel free to update the list with your own device(s). Be sure to include the device ID.
Additional Info and Reporting
Report any errors at the official blog:
The blog also contains updates with additional information that may or may not be useful.