|Author(s)||Team Twiizers & Fullmetal5|
str2hax is an exploit for the EULA app in the Wii that doesn't require an SD card. (Exploits CVE-2009-0689)
str2hax requires a Wii with an internet connection to work. The payload may be hosted locally if you do not have access to internet. (See the building instructions in the str2hax repository)
Usage & Installation
- (OPTIONAL) If you would like to boot a payload from an SD card then simply format it as FAT32, place it the root of the SD card, and name it "boot.elf"
- Make sure you have an active internet connection on your Wii.
- Navigate to the settings menu on your Wii and select Internet then Connection Settings.
- Select the connection that you are currently using.
- Select Change settings and scroll to the right until you get to Auto-Obtain DNS.
- Select No then select Advanced Settings.
- Change the Primary DNS to 18.104.22.168 and the Secondary DNS to 22.214.171.124.
- Select Confirm and then Save and run the mandatory connection test.
- Back out to the Internet panel and choose User Agreements. Select Yes to the question about the Wii Shop Channel/WiiConnect24.
- You will be taken to a screen telling you to review the User Agreements for the Wii. Select Next.
- If you see a pony on screen telling you to wait then you have done everything correctly. The exploit takes 1-2 minutes (1:25 is usually how long mine takes), if it takes longer than 2 minutes then it probably failed. Just turn off your Wii and start again from step 9.
- Team Twiizers (Thank you guys for everything you've done for the Wii community. This wouldn't be possible without you.)
- The Dolphin developers.
- Maksymilian Arciemowicz (Vulnerability author)