|Author(s)||Xuzz, SquidMan, megazig, Omega, Matt_P and The Lemon Man|
Wii.py from #Wii.py on EFNet is a GPL licensed Wii library written in and for Python. It provides editors and classes for many file types and files present on the Wii, especially files in banners. It was created as a replacement for the unreleased and never to be released pywii, written by marcan, but has since expanded in some areas that pywii did not cover and not completed others (such as Wii Optical Disc editing) that pywii has support for.
git clone http://github.com/icefire/Wii.py.git
- Loading and easy editing of U8 archives
- Simple, easy classes for TMDs and Tickets, with methods to load from and save to files
- Simple Title object to hold information about a title
- Can pack into a WAD
- Can download from NUS
- Can unpack into a directory structure
- Convert images to/from PNG and TPL
- Convert WAV sound the BNS sound (used in banners)
- Add IMET and IMD5 headers
- Load and extract files from Wii Optical Discs
- Create a fake 'NAND' that you can modify with a Python version of ES and ISFS from libogc
- Decompress LZ77 compressed files
- Work with these file types:
- config.dat (network config)
- Python 2.x - works with 2.5 and 2.6 for sure, may work with earlier releases.
- PyCrypto (windows installer )
- PIL (Python Imaging Library)
- wxPython if you want to use the toScreen() method of the TPL object
Unfortunately, there is no real documentation yet, and I hope that I can find a way to autogenerate at least the method names into some. For now, here's some short examples showing just how short your code can be.
Downloads the latest System Menu from NUS and packs it into a WAD:
import Wii Wii.NUS.download(0x000000010000002).dumpFile("SystemMenu-latest.wad")
Downloads System Menu version 289, and replaces content index 0 with the file "patch.bin", changes the title id to 1-3, then saves to the WAD "patched.wad":
import Wii sysmenu = Wii.NUS.download(0x000000010000002, 289) sysmenu = open("patch.bin", "rb").read() sysmenu.tmd.setTitleID(0x0000000100000003) sysmenu.tik.setTitleID(0x0000000100000003) sysmenu.dumpFile("patched.wad")
Unpacks the first command line argument WAD to the folder "inside":
import Wii, sys wadf = Wii.WAD.loadFile(sys.argv) wadf.dumpDir("inside")
Unpacks the first command line argument U8 archive to the folder "unpacked":
import Wii, sys u8archive = Wii.U8.loadFile(sys.argv) u8archive.dumpDir("unpacked")
Converts the png as the first argument to a TPL saved in "out.tpl":
import Wii, sys TPL(sys.argv).toTPL("out.tpl")
Converts the Sound.wav to Sound.bns
import Wii, wave wav = wave.open("sound.wav", 'rb') channelnumber = wav.getnchannels() buffer = wav.readframes(wav.getnframes()) samplerate = wav.getframerate() wav.close() bns = Wii.BNS() bns.create_bns(buffer, samplerate, channelnumber) bns.write("sound.bns")
Bugs & Suggestions
Come join us on #Wii.py on EFNet to report bugs, provide suggestions, and get help. Wii.py is a #HACKERCHANNEL production. If you update any of the code, feel free to share and we will be happy to merge it in with the latest version if it is useful and fits in to the library.
Apps using Wii.py
- NUS WAD Packer
- WADder 3.0
- MyMenu 1.5
- Wiimpostor, a Wiimpersonator clone
- Hopefully, yours as well!
0.86 - August 19, 2009
- Fixed licensing for LZ77 code.
- Re-added pywii tools clone and experimental modules.
0.85 - August 19, 2009
- First 'real' public release.
- Most classes using the so-called 'new API'.
This library was written by Xuzz, SquidMan, megazig, Matt_P, Omega and The Lemon Man. It contains the LZ77 code written by marcan, with few modifications. Thanks go out to marcan for providing the idea of writing a Wii library in Python! Credit goes to Daeken for the Struct.py -- thanks a ton, its awesome!