|License||GNU Lesser General Public Licence|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
TetriCycle is Tetris projected onto a cylindrical surface. Rotate the cylinder left/right such that the descending piece falls into place.
TetriCycle can be distributed freely and should never be charged for.
In Game Controls
Any combination of the following control schemes can be used by up to 4 players.
- Point at a powerup and hold to grab it. Drag it onto the target player and release to drop it.
- "shake" indicates a quick downward movement, causing an acceleration along the z-axis.
- Any player can pause the game.
|Rotate block (opposite direction)|
|/||Rotate cylinder left/right|
|/ shake||/ shake||Hard drop|
Edit Playfield Controls
- Point at a label and press to increment the value.
- Point at a label and press to decrement the value.
You can download a forwarder channel here.
- Important: If you load the game using the forwarder channel, then you must exit the game using the option "Exit to Wii Menu", or else you will crash your Wii.
- There's no reason to download the forwarder channel (unless you're bored and want to see what I look like), but I had fun making it.
- I used CustomizeMii, which is a great piece of software!
Bugs & Suggestions
If you notice any bugs, or wish to contribute in any way, please post on the Issues page.
How to add new powerups
See the Powerup Creation page.
- 9th Release: 10/20/10
- Added a Mirror powerup.
- Added a Speed Up powerup.
- Added a Junk Piece powerup.
- 8th Release: 10/19/10
- Added classical mode (for classic tetris).
- The Player Profiles 'rotation' label now has a 'piece' option that allows you to move the piece instead of moving the playfield; this is similar to classical mode, except that the piece is allowed to wrap around in cylindrical mode.
- The Player Profiles 'guide' label now has a 'line' option, so when selecting the guide mode, you can choose between a shadow piece, or a guide line.
- 7th Release: 9/30/10
- Source code is now available!
- 6th Release: 8/19/10
- Added sound FX.
- Added powerups to multiplayer. Please enjoy!
- This game will be open sourced soon, at which point you can add your own powerups.
- 5th Release: 7/26/10
- Handicap options (for a more competitive multiplayer experience)
- Editable playfield (width, scale, position, cylindrical angle)
- 4th Release: 7/19/10
- Shadow option -- see where the current piece will drop.
- Preview option -- see what the next piece will be.
- Multiplayer looks better. Each playfield is drawn from the same perspective, but with a shifted viewport.
- 3rd Release: 4/5/10
- Better menus.
- Ability to reverse the direction in which the Tetris cylinder rotates.
- Initial Release: 12/6/09
- I consider this release "pre-alpha", as it's not yet feature complete, but homebrew tends not to follow the typical product development cycle; thus, this is the first "beta" release.
- Thanks to DesktopMan for sharing his source: Tetris Wii
- Thanks to Sonicdude41 for the idea: Tetris on a Cylindrical Surface
- Thanks to WaxyPumpkin72 for the HBC icon.
- Thanks to ZombieWatercrest for the higher quality video.
- Thanks to Leathl for his CustomizeMii utility.
- Thanks to Tantric for his awesome Libwiigui library.
- Menu music is from tetricycle by dj dimz.
- Various Tetris images ripped from the internet.
- And of course, thanks to all the people who've made Wii homebrew possible.