|Author(s)||SX, Plombo and Msmalik681|
|Version||v3.0 Build 6385|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
- Download the latest Wii release from http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?board=25.0 (or search for openbor on github), from the Homebrew Browser, or from the download link in the information box. (Hassle-free registration is required to download from LavaLit.) If you're not using the Homebrew Browser, extract the OpenBOR or WII/OpenBOR folder in the archive to the apps folder on your SD card, so that the executable and the folders that go with it are under sd:/apps/OpenBOR. As of build 6385 Openbor can be loaded from SD or USB and support added for Wii-U Pro Controller.
- Download mods from www.Chronocrash.com website and put the .PAK files in the Paks folder. Some of the most popular mods are:
- Beats of Rage (the original game) by Senile Team
- Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III by Mr. Q®
- NightSlashersX by BonusJZ
- Launch OpenBOR from the Homebrew Channel, select a mod, and play!
| Attack 2
| Attack 3
| Attack 4
(for certain menus)
- Msmalik681 added loading from USB support and video scale fix everything will fit in the screen.
- Demothens added support for Wii-U Pro Controller.
- Significantly improved performance due to further video optimizations by Plombo.
- You can now choose in the video options whether to preserve the aspect ratio (using black bars) or stretch the picture to the screen ignoring aspect ratio.
- v3.0.2818: Several important changes by Plombo:
- Widescreen (480x272) mods supported.
- Widescreen (16:9) displays supported without stretching.
- No aspect ratio distortion with any mod regardless of display. Horizontal/vertical black bars are used when needed.
- Can now be run from a USB flash drive or FAT32-formatted USB hard drive.
- OpenBOR no longer depends on SDL Wii. All I/O handling is done natively through libogc.
- Performance boost due to using GX directly for video instead of going through SDL.
- v3.0.2726: Improved memory usage; implemented by SX for all platforms, including Wii.
- v3.0.2645: Numerous control fixes by Plombo, who by this point had become the maintainer of the Wii port.
- v3.0.2615: Sound and control fixes by SX.
- v3.0.2603: First stable Wii release by SX.
- Pressing Up on the Classic Controller D-pad in the mod selection menu does nothing. It works fine in-game, and the analog stick works fine both in the menu and in-game.
- Pressing the RESET button on the Wii causes a code dump.
- Some special move when performed facing left will cause player to move in the opposite direction.
- http://www.chronocrash.com - OpenBOR Official Site