|Author(s)||SX and Plombo|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
This is an official port of the OpenBOR (aka Beats of Rage) beat em up game engine to the Wii. The initial port was done by SX and the current maintainer is Plombo.
- Download the latest Wii release from the Latest Snapshots box at LavaLit.com, from the Homebrew Browser, or from the download link in the information box. (Hassle-free registration is required to download from LavaLit.) If you're not using the Homebrew Browser, extract the OpenBOR or WII/OpenBOR folder in the archive to the apps folder on your SD card, so that the executable and the folders that go with it are under sd:/apps/OpenBOR.
- Download mods from LavaLit and put the .PAK files in the Paks folder. Some of the most popular mods are:
- Beats of Rage (the original game) by Senile Team
- Art of Fighting: Beats of Rage Remix III by Mr. Q®
- NightSlashersX by BonusJZ
- Launch OpenBOR from the Homebrew Channel, select a mod, and play!
| Attack 2
| Attack 3
| Attack 4
(for certain menus)
- v3.0.2603: First stable Wii release by SX.
- v3.0.2615: Sound and control fixes by SX.
- v3.0.2645: Numerous control fixes by Plombo, who by this point had become the maintainer of the Wii port.
- v3.0.2726: Improved memory usage; implemented by SX for all platforms, including Wii.
- v3.0.2818: Several important changes by Plombo:
- Widescreen (480x272) mods supported.
- Widescreen (16:9) displays supported without stretching.
- No aspect ratio distortion with any mod regardless of display. Horizontal/vertical black bars are used when needed.
- Can now be run from a USB flash drive or FAT32-formatted USB hard drive.
- OpenBOR no longer depends on SDL Wii. All I/O handling is done natively through libogc.
- Performance boost due to using GX directly for video instead of going through SDL.
- Significantly improved performance due to further video optimizations by Plombo.
- You can now choose in the video options whether to preserve the aspect ratio (using black bars) or stretch the picture to the screen ignoring aspect ratio.
- You might need to set "Window Offset" in the Video Options menu to see the HUD for some mods on some TVs.
- Pressing Up on the Classic Controller D-pad in the mod selection menu does nothing. It works fine in-game, and the analog stick works fine both in the menu and in-game.
- Pressing the RESET button on the Wii causes a code dump.
A port of OpenBOR 2.0 (the current version is 3.0) was created by Kungpow12345 and nuvalo and can be downloaded at http://destinyrevival.sailormoon.cc/node/39 .