Newo Model Viewer
|Newo Model Viewer|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Newo Model Viewer is a basic Wavefront OBJ file viewer made specifically for the viewing and testing models created for Newo Shooter. The application is heavily based on Intro à la 3D sur Wii by EvilTroopa
- Load and preview simple obj files
- Zoom, Scale amd Rotate model
- displays the count of faces and collision boxes
- Change background colour, light on/off
- View model as WIREFRAME, FILL + TEXTURE, COLLISION BOX, COLL + FILL + TEXT, WIRE + COLL, WIRE+FLAT OR WIRE+TEXT+FILL.
- Save screenshots to screenshot folder.
Add your ideas or suggestion by clicking on the 'discussion' tab or here
Courtesy of [Cid2Mizard]
Requirements for loading files
This application will only load .obj files which have normals and a single group. The OBJ file must be trianguled - quads will not work.
The application will only load a texture if it has the same name as the obj file. Example; box.obj will cause box.png to load. Textures must be PNG32. Each model can only have one group and one texture. Textures can be a maximum 1024x1024 and must be a multiple of 4;
There must not be any faces which have coords like "1//1" or "1///1". Fixed! Thanx Wilco
Newo Shooter models are centered at 0 with a maximum point of 1 and a minimum point of -1 on all axies. There is a red box which indicates the expected min/maximum size. This limit allows objects to be scaled nicely relative to each other.
The "Load Model" menu reads the "model/" directory. The "Load Model 2" menu reads the "/apps/newoshooter/model/" directory. Hot swapping SD cards or USD sticks does not work. Files are only loaded at the start of the application from the device that the application is running on.
NB. Application will crash or hang if the above conditions are not met.
The collision boxes are a simple AABB. They are at the center of each triangle face. I explain how I use them for collision detection in this blog post; Simple AABB collision detection in NewoShooter.
All controls work for first player only.
|Options Menu / Accept|
|Move Model Backward|
|Move Model Forward|
|Switch Draw Mode|
Version 1.4 - June 17, 2012
- English, French, and Spanish (Google translator :p )
- Improved menu performance, location and appearance.
- New colour options, including model, ambient light, defuse and random colours (nice)
- Auto spin model on X and Y.
- Loading bug fix suggested by wilco2009 (of scenebeta)
- Language selection menu
Version 1 - June 09, 2012
- First release