|This application has been obsoleted by one or more applications that serve the same purpose, but are more stable or maintained.|
|MPlayer - dvdlib edition|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
This page is about the MPlayer port created by Team Twiizers to demonstrate the capabilities of DVDx. Since its initial release and apparent abandonment by Twiizers, the community has been treated to a few releases of unofficial binaries built on slight modifications to the codebase thanks to other independent coders. For the other two ports of MPlayer intended to be used with multiple audio and video formats in a wide range of popular codecs and containers, see MPlayer CE and MPlayerWii.
This is a native MPlayer Wii port. The main focus has been DVD-Video playback on modified and unmodified consoles. Although you can open and view various media files from SD card, this is largely untested. At this time it can not read files off data DVDs, just DVD-Video discs.
This application requires a valid and working DVDX stub install, please refer to its README for setup instructions. A DVD-Video disc, either pressed or with the DVD-ROM booktype, might also come in handy.
How To Install
Just copy the "mplayer" folder into the "/apps" directory on your sd card and launch it via the HBC. Do not rename the folder.
When launching this application you will be presented by a basic on screen menu. Though all options should be self-explanatory, here are some hints:
- High bitrate video streams may lead to dropped frames. This really depends on the used DVD-Video. Some fullscreen movies seem to have the same issue.
- Hiding the menu and disabling subtitles improves the performace a little.
- Playing DVDs with libdvdnav is buggy and decreases performace (read: way more dropped frames)
- Choosing a DTS audio track results in noise and breaks things.
- Choosing non-playable files from SD makes it crash & burn.
- Know the amount of DVD tracks in your DVD beforehand. If you try to skip ahead a track when you're on your last track, your Wii will freeze for roughly 10 minutes.
You can use a wiimote or a gamecube pad to interact:
|Toggle on screen menu|
|Seek 10s forward|
|Seek 10s backward|
|Seek 60s forward|
|Seek 60s backward|
|Modifier key for libdvdnav*|
This port was made possible by the following people:
- DVDX stub
- libdvdcss port
- mplayer port
- 12 stage TEV YUV12 GX voodoo
- menu loop animation
How to Build
3 subversion repositories are required to build this port, the revisions used for this binary are:
- libdvdread r1120
- libdvdnav r1120
- mplayer r27458
mplayer svn always fetch the latest revisions of libavcodec, libavformat, libavutil and libpostproc. The newest versions are incompatible with Team Twiizers build. Please use the following revisions instead: * libavcodec r14712 * libavformat r14718 * libavutil r14665 * libpostproc r14366
- get the repositories via:
svn co -r 1120 svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread libdvdread-trunk svn co -r 1120 svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav-trunk svn co -r 27458 svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer-trunk
- update to the revisions of external libraries:
cd mplayer-trunk/libavcodec/ svn update -r 14712 cd ../libavformat/ svn update -r 14718 cd ../libavutil/ svn update -r 14665 cd ../libpostproc/ svn update -r 14366
- apply the patches
- edit libdvdread's and libdvdnav's config.mak and adjust
- build libdvdread with `
make`, then `
- build libdvdnav with `
make`, then `
- build mplayer with `
make`, test your build using `
MPlayer is licensed under the GPL, please only post builds which come with source or diff's, thanks
MPlayer r27458 by Duhow
Source included. Changed language to Spanish, buttons, menu and added commands and help.
Download: mplayer-r27458 ES-SourceBinary.rar