BootMii Configuration Editor/FAQs
How do I stop BootMii from showing on startup of the wii?
- Set the boot delay to '0' and the BootMii screen will not show when the Wii starts up.
- There is a bug reported in the most recent beta of BootMii which causes a boot delay of 0 to not function as expected.
- You can use the switch functionality in v2.5 to disable BootMii from starting up.
- Alternatively, you could download the latest mini binary for bootmii and replace the version on your SD card with the downloaded file. http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=350
Why does my homebrew channel icon change colour?
- The icon changes colour to represent the status of the bootmii directory.
- Green = BootMii Active (directory is name /bootmii).
- Red = BootMii Inactive (bootmii directory renamed to /~bootmii)
- Yellow = Bootmii switch mode - both /bootmii and /~bootmii exist on the SD.
How can I change the interface language
- Press the 'HOME' button on the wiimote to open the settings dialog. The language is the first setting. Push left/right to change it and when you've found the language you require, move to the 3rd option on the screen (the one with an empty line above it). Press A on this, and the language will be changed.
How do I Add a new Language or Skin
Creating a new translation
To add a new translation/language perform the following steps which use French(fr) as an example
- Open the BCE_MESSAGES.XML file in an editor
- Add a new language/code to the available langauges section near the top of the file
- (e.g. to add french add the following line:
<language description="Francais" code="fr" />
- to the available section, for example:
<available> <language description="English" code="en" /> <language description="Espanol" code="es" /> <language description="Francais" code="fr" /> </available>
- For every <entry, add in the french translation using an attribute named the same as the value specified in the code for the langauge (e.g. fr) for example
<entry code="mm1" en="Video:" es="Modo de Video:" fr="Mode visuel:"/>
- Ensure the XML file validates and that you've added a language string for EVERY entry.
- Copy/Save to SD card and test. If the application errors with a stack dump, then there will be a problem in the XML, either it's invalid, or you've missed one of the entry elements usually
Creating a new Skin
- Open the BCE_SKINS.XML file in an editor
- Find the <skins element and within this, select and duplicate a skindetail
<skindetail id="custom1" name="My Custom Skin" consolebgcolor="14" consoletextcolor="17" mainbgcolor="7" maintextcolor="0" maintextcolor2="10" maintitlecolor="11" maintitlelinecolor="0" mainselectedIndicatorcolor="11" mainselectedOptioncolor="15" mainshadow="0" maildecl="7" dialogbgcolor="10" dialogtextcolor="17" dialogtextcolor2="17" dialogtitlecolor="17" dialogtitlelinecolor="7" dialogselectedIndicatorcolor="11" dialogselectedOptioncolor="13" dialogshadow="0" dialogdecl="10" />
- Change the id and name. The id must be unique through all the skins.
- Modify the numbers for the colours. The following colours/numbers are available to use:
- 0 - BLACK
- 1 - DARK_RED
- 2 - DARK_GREEN
- 3 - DARK_YELLOW
- 4 - DARK_BLUE
- 5 - DARK_MAGENTA
- 6 - DARK_CYAN
- 7 - GRAY
- 10 - DARK_GRAY
- 11 - RED
- 12 - GREEN
- 13 - YELLOW
- 14 - BLUE
- 15 - MAGENTA
- 16 - CYAN
- 17 - WHITE
- There are 3 main parts to the skin settings
- Background colour of the whole screen and default font colour (currently not used)
- mainbgcolor - Background colour of the main 'window'
- maintextcolor - Colour of text in the main 'window'
- maintextcolor2 - Colour of secondary text in the main 'window'
- maintitlecolor - Colour of window title text
- maintitlelinecolor - Colour of the line in the window title
- mainselectedIndicatorcolor - Colour of the indicator '->' which shows which item you are on
- mainselectedOptioncolor - Color of the text of selected item when you select it
- mainshadow - shadow colour of the 'window'
- maindecl - Colour of the 'window' edge characters (Pipe | and Minus - ) that indicate the window edge. These are used on the monochrome/green screen skins.
- Same as the main settings, but for secondary windows, e.g. the settings dialog.