Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Author(s)||henke37 and R-win with initial code by dasda|
Graphical client that sends files over TCP from windows computers to Wii consoles. This version does not require the .NET runtine, and also does NOT require the C++ runtime. Be sure to manually uninstall the previous version, since this version uses another type of installer.
Mainly for the Homebrew Channel, but still works with the the standalone server by Svpe.
- Start the server on the Wii, that is start either the standalone server or the Homebrew channel
- Install and run
- Select file to send
- Enter the IP address of the Wii
- Make sure that the correct protocol is selected
- Change the port if needed (most likely from using the client for the other protocol previously)
- The standalone server uses port 8080
- The Homebrew Channel uses port 4299
- Enter any arguments if needed
- Hit the send button
Or just double click on an elf or dol file, it will be sent directly to the last used IP address. No, it does not crash if you hasn't set the IP address yet.
Full feature list
- Works with both the standalone server and the Homebrew channel
- Works with both elf and DOL files
- Saves the used settings in the Windows registry so that you don't need to change them at each start
- Is not so tiny anymore, but doesn't have prerequisites now.
- Supports drag and drop of files onto the main window.
- Does basic sanity checks to prevent the most obvious user errors like forgetting to select a file.
- Changed some minor issues, one of them being a memory issue (thanks henke37)
- Gecko options are not visible if you don't have a gecko
- Added compression support for the homebrew channel (the channel was not backwards compatible)
- Changed installer to the default Windows Installer
- Fixed USB Gecko support
- Fixed some random crashes
v 4 has working args sending, an installer and associates with the files for even easier sending.