Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Downloadable via the Open Shop Channel
|This article is a stub. You can help WiiBrew by expanding it.
|This app requires that you use the Nunchuck + Wiimote combo or GameCube Controller in order to play.
Cave Explorer, or 'CavEX' for short, is a remake of Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 for the Nintendo Wii.
- Ability to load world saves from any Beta version
- Ability to use items in your hotbar
- Ambient occlusion
- Animated textures
- Block light updates
- Chunk calculation
- Day/night cycle
- Dynamic lighting
- Five chunk render distance
- "Infinite" worlds
- Nether support
- Smooth lighting
- Support for building and breaking blocks
- Wide variety of blocks & items from the original game avaliable
- Torches placed by the player will not attach themselves to the side of a block and will instead float.
- Pressing the home button on the world select screen will hang the Wii.
- The controls are not complete. The game states that pressing A will open the inventory, but instead descends the player.
Version 0.3.0 - December 10, 2023
- WARNING: Do not exit the game too fast, or it might corrupt your world save. After returning back to the world selection screen give it a few seconds to save any changes to disk. Then it should be safe to exit to the homebrew channel.
- This is very likely the last major update for now. I've spent far too many days on something I no longer enjoy working on. In the beginning this was just to show that it could be done, that the Wii is truly capable of it, and prove them wrong. I even considered never releasing it, and just leaving it buried on my hard drive, like those many little toy projects I've made over the years. However I thought it was too amazing for no one else to ever experience it.
- I hope you have fun playing this release.