Talk:SDL Space Invaders
Hurray! About time somebody released a space invaders game! --Pinecone 13:06, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
ufo sound bug
I found out this bug: when you clear a level, if the ufo.wav was being played (i.e. there was an ufo on the screen) in the next level the sound will be continuously played, even if you lose a life; if another ufo appears then the track will be played simultaneously two times creating a very annoying effect, when the ufo leaves the screen just one of the two tracks stop. If you clear a level you played with the ufo sound in the background while there was an other ufo on the screen, the next level will have the double ufo sound effect, I believe it can be build up how many time you want (I just bothered 3...). please fix it (I'm not a very skilled programmer but I believe it's not too difficult to fix). great app, I was looking forward to the release of a space invaders clone!--balta 16:50, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
- It is a bit difficult to reproduce this but we "acknowlegde" this error since the sounds are not turned off when the level is cleared. georgp24
- Well actually I played only 3 levels and I cleared all of them while there was a ufo on the screen (if this is what you intend for reproduce), I swear i didn't make it on purpose :P
- However it still a great app--balta 20:26, 21 December 2008 (UTC)
When I try to load the program, I get the error: "Couldn't find DOSEMU.BMP to get its length". I read on codemii that the problem was due to, in their words: "For space invaders nothing else is needed however this application may be using an old way of mounting the SD card. The error message I receive is “Couldn’t find DOSEMU.BMP to get its length”. I can see it in the spaceinvaders folder too.
If you were to try this application on HBC 1.0.1 or lower I believe it would work."
Could this application be updated to fix this? Roobix 20:44, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
I was able to make this game work on HBC 1.0.3
I think all I did is modify source code and recompile the dol myself. some modifing needed to make it work. Mouse 17:36, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I would like to see this too. - Gamewizard71 03:09, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
Someone should recompile this with the latest libs. -Gamewizard71 23:26, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
- I've done it and uploaded the new version. Chris 12:10, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- Try the new download link I added recently. Rezor 02:30, 4 November 2012 (CET)