I hate this. I delete the homebrew channel to prevent a possible bricking, and i cant get it back!!!!!
Why would you delete the HBC for bricking, if no system update (yet) even effects the HBC. TheDuck 08:04, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
I was stupid. I just though i could get it back and didn't even check wiibrew first :(
Well that was fun while it lasted...
I was on my way to buy a new 2GB SD this weekend but something told me not to. Lo and behold, bye bye modchip free homebrew (for now). Im betting the next wii update removes the HBC too. Considering I left my wii online over the weekend Im screwed. Can't blame Ninty though considering the damage flashcards are doing to the DS in terms of piracy. While homebrew is not intended for piracy, it becomes the main use eventually.--Llvanden 10:46, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
- You could have tried paying attention to how the update system works. Nintendo does not auto update. They tell you that you may update. You are fine.--henke37 12:05, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
It would appear that a workaround has come about. I hope it is just another savegame that 3.3 can't tell from a regular one. MS could never fix the Xbox hack entirely to prevent softmodding, and I doubt Nintendo will ever fix the Wii hack. A workaround within a few hours. Owch, Nintendo just got pwned pretty bad. --Monsuco 17:03, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
luckily, I just dl'd HBC yesterday.
On topic, would this effect my ability to add new emu's to the HBC?--Orangeslice14 19:06, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
- Should not. The HBC is not affected by the update. The twillight hack is only used to install the channel, after, it's useless ( unless you don't want to install HBC... ) --LaPatateInc 13:10, 17 June 2008.
- Indeed not. If the HBC is still installed and loadable, no decryption/verification is performed (or required) to run whatever homebrew is on your SD card Sgspencer 19:12, 17 June 2008 (CEST)
Does the update affect any channels which have already been installed? SF49
- No, but if you delete a fakesigned channel and try to reinstall it (say, by copying from your SD card), it will not work. Bushing 23:11, 23 June 2008 (CEST)
When Exporting the HBC to an SD card using the system menu, is it seen a a 'normal'/'legal' Wii channel when imported back to the Wii? If so, that would mean that I'm safe updating if I can always reload the HBC back from an SD card. jfitie
- No. Don't do that. Bushing 23:11, 23 June 2008 (CEST)
When I went to Gecko Region Free, I try to boot up a backup disc (yes, my Wii is modded), and when I press reset, I wait for it to load, but the screen turns green and stays that way! Why is this? PokéyxKz
- Because your Wii knows piracy is bad. --SquidMan 07:25, 10 August 2008 (CEST)
- Well, is there even any workaround to being able to boot up backup discs normally (not via GRF) again? --PokéyxKz 17:03, 23 September 2008
Does nothing noticeable. It does not change the version number, the HBC still works, etc. --FSX 04:43, 10 August 2008 (CEST)