Updated emulator information
== Installing devkitPPC ==
* Go to [
http://sourceforge.net/ project/ showfiles.php?group_id=114505&package_id=160396 this page] and download the latest Windows installer.
* Let it install to the C:\devkitPro\ to make it easier to follow the tutorial for now.
* When installing it, you can deselect devkitARM and devkitPSP
== Run the Hello World Example on the emulator ==
* Now, browse to the helloworld folder. There should be a helloworld.dol file here now.
* Run the
hellworld.dol in an emulator. As of 31- Mar- 2009, emulators for the Wii are not 100% compatible and feature complete. [[Dolphin]] can successfully run some homebrew. See the [[Dolphin]] page for more information. Another emulator is [[Gcube]]. Gcube does not run homebrew compiled in Wii mode, but can run homebrew if compiled for the GameCube mode. See the [[Gcube]] page for more information.
== Run the Hello World Example on the Wii using wiiload ==
* Click on Tools -> run or use the ALT+R key combination.
* The output window at the bottom will show the upload progress (so does the Homebrew Channel) and the example will be started on your Wii when it's done.
== Some Code snippets ==