* Breaks [[PatchMii]] by installing a dummy [[IOS]] ([[IOS9]]) into the [[IOS254]] slot (will be very easy to fix)
=== [[IOS51]] & Updated all [[IOS]]es except [[IOS30]], [[IOS31]] and [[IOS37]] (these were already updated, see below) ===
'''Released: 23rd October 2008'''
* This also blocks access to /dev/flash in all [[IOS]]es but [[IOS30]], [[IOS31]] and [[IOS37]]. This means raw nand dumping utilities, for example [[Yet Another Wii NAND Dumper]], no longer work, since by default homebrew uses [[IOS35]]
* '''If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like [[Homebrew Channel]], etc.'''
homebrew developers are already planning how to work around this update. * You currently need this update to access the [[Wii Shop Channel]], but this can now be worked around with [[Wii Shop and IOS51 installer]].
* If you already have the [[Homebrew Channel]] and [http://hackmii.com/2008/08/libdi-and-the-dvdx-installer/ DVDX], and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as [[Homebrew Browser]] are completely unaffected as long as you already have the [[Homebrew Channel]].
* It updates all [[IOS]]es with the fakesigning bug, and adds [[IOS51]].