|Release date||October 10, 2007 October 10, 2007|
|System Menu IOS||IOS30|
This version of the system menu added USB keyboard support and added support for New version of Internet Channel and Everybody Votes Channel.
- Reworked initial console setup. It now shows an image of what button to press, and also prompts for language, sensor bar position, date, time, widescreen, console nickname, country, and parental controls (and mentions burn-in reduction), and does not attempt to start an update immediately after. Previous versions only promoted for the country, mentioned the burn-in reduction, and attempted to update.
October 10, 2007 (rev01)
- A Keyboard inserted into a USB port on the console can be used for text input and specific button controls for certain features.
- New version of Internet Channel.
- New version of Everybody Votes Channel :
- The updated version of the Everybody Votes Channel provides an improved display for the National Results by Region.
December 10, 2007 (rev02)
- Added the "Gift Feature" to the Wii Shop Channel, which lets you spend Wii Shop points on a Wii Shop item that you can have sent to a friend.
- New version of Photo Channel (1.1) :
- Personalize your Wii Menu by making one of your favorite digital images from an SD memory card as the Photo Channel icon.
- Replaces MP3 music file support with AAC compatibility.
January 30, 2008 (rev03)
- New version of Check Mii Out Channel :
- The ability to view up to 500 Miis after clicking "Popular" in the Posting Plaza.
- A new button on the Posting Plaza that allows you to view Miis that you have designed and posted.
- The ability to view Miis created by a specific Mii Artisan from his or her profile screen in the Posting Plaza.
- The addition of Parental Controls. As with all other parental controls on Wii, if activated, a PIN code will be required to use the channel.
If you have a System Menu below 3.2 and wish to upgrade, use AnyRegion Changer to update.
WARNING: Be advised that if your system is shipped with 4.0 preinstalled, you can not downgrade and will brick your console.