|Author(s)||Marko, Dogmander, Auto1lija|
|Contributor(s)||Spotlight, Rocket, 6100m, JG, a32bitmint, Glitch|
|This homebrew application makes permanent changes to the Wii's NAND, thus, this application should be used with caution.|
WiiLink24 is an alternative WiiConnect24 service provider for Nintendo Wii. It was originally founded by Dogmander, Marko and Auto1lija in April 2020 as "Rii no Ma" with the sole goal of reviving Wii no Ma. However, following the merge with BetterConnect24 and a change in command structure, it became WiiLink24 in September 2020.
As of now, WiiLink24 is still in very early testing stages and has yet to see a installable public release of any sort. However this wiki page will update frequently to reflect its progress.
In April 2020, Marko (aka Markojerry) and Dogmander created the Wii no Ma revival project, named "Rii no Ma". Then after poking around in a hex editor for a bit and finding random details. A new branch of the project was made called "Archive no Ma". Its goal was to find the content hosted on Wii no Ma and archive it for later use on the revived app.
- Project created along with Archive no Ma.
- Rocket joined making some of the first major discoveries.
- Project merged with BetterConnect24.
- SDH becomes the owner of the project.
- Project becomes WiiLink24 and Spotlight joins.
- Rocket becomes the owner of the project.
- Spotlight starts actively working on the project, bringing near daily breakthroughs on the Wii no Ma portion of the WiiLink24 project, such as, getting Wii No Ma to run the Mii select screen
- Glitch joins and begins doing voluntary translations for Wii no Ma, translating from Japanese to English.
- Work begins on English language builds of Wii no Ma aka Wii Room.
- A translation of Dokodemo Wii no Ma is announced and the logos for both are unveiled.
Note that as of October 8, 2020, all of these are in closed beta
- Most Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection games (code used is from CoWFC)
- News Channel (code used is from RiiConnect24)
- Forecast Channel (see above note)
- Check Mii Out Channel/Mii Contest Channel (see above note)
- Everybody Votes Channel (see above note)
- Wii no Ma/Wii Room (Code is original)