|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Error creating thumbnail:
WiiEarth allows you to use your Wiimote to navigate (and zoom-in on) the Earth, using Google Maps and similar services. You can switch between viewing with OpenStreetMap, Live (Maps, Satellite) and Google (Maps, Satellite, Terrain).
|Zoom into world (as of v2.1)|
|Grab world (as of v2.1)|
|Change image source (OpenStreetMap -> Live Maps -> Live Satellite -> Google Maps -> Google Satellite -> Google Terrain)|
- Added widescreen support
- Added always visible background tiles
- Fixed graphical glitches in overlay text
- Fixed tile downloading issues:
- Google out-of-bandwidth tiles no longer give graphical weirdness
- More TCP support means less empty tiles
- Some DNS issues solved
- Added Google images
- Reversed A & B button
- Removed Google images (captcha problem)
- Added OpenStreetMap images
- Way faster downloading of tiles
- disappearing cursor problem fixed (since latest libogc was used)
- Cool new icon (thanks Wilsoff)
- Other cool stuff
Is this even legal? The current way it downloads from Live Maps is kind of shady, but the rest is legit.
The program hangs / gives an exception / fails to load any data Yeah it does that, please reset your Wii and try again.
Can this hurt my Wii? Yes, though it isn't designed to do that. Please be careful with this and other homebrew.
The Google imagery doesn't work, I keep getting this weird graphic. There is a limit to how many tiles can be downloaded, after about 1000 tiles it stops working. It resets everyday so try again tomorrow.
Can I use the source for... Yes you can! Check the license for more details.
I love to hear your feedback, please leave your comments and experiences on the talkpage!