- If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the WiiDoom directory from the archive to the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you have to use the "boot.dol" file.
- Copy the prboom directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. You will need a WAD data file to play. It must be placed in the prboom folder.
- Launch the game using your loader.
WAD files contain levels, sounds, textures, and sprite data necessary to play the game. The following commercial wads are known to work:
- Original Doom and Ultimate Doom (shareware and full)
- Doom II
- Final Doom
In theory, many of the custom wads created by the Doom fan community may also work.
Support for the free software/open source FreeDoom wad has been dropped as of v0.2 due to compatibility issues with some of its levels.
There is preliminary support for PWADs (patch wads). A single PWAD can be played at a time. See the instructions for how to activate a PWAD.
If the nunchuck is not working when WiiDoom first loads, then simply unplug it and plug it back in.
|/||Weapon select down/up|
|///||Automap Pan Up/Down/Left/Right|
|/||Automap Zoom In/Out|The controls are also customizable. Button remapping has been disabled as of 0.2.
Bugs and Reporting
- Keycards/skullkeys are not shown in the HUD.
- Some walls/textures are not drawn.
- No music.
Report Bugs at the project page. Please do not use the wiki discussion page to report bugs.
0.4 - 17/11/2008
- Added WAD loader
- Finale cast can now be advanced through
- Config file saving/loading works
- Classis stairbuilding enabled by default
- Added IR crosshair option in general settings menu
- Disabled IR crosshair by default
- Fixed vertical resolution to fit on the screen better
- Fixed Twilight Hack Input bug
- Moved messages output location to original spot
- "Reset to defaults" now works
0.3.1 - 10/10/2008
- IR input based on raw values (and seems smoother, IMO)
- BFG/weapon switching bug fixed
- Added (small) IR crosshair, to help with aiming
0.3 - 9/21/2008
- Saving/Loading works (using Nintendo-style save slots)
- Messages are now correctly displayed on screen
- Automap works (panning, zooming, and follow mode)
- Boot.dol distributed instead of Boot.elf (much smaller file)
- Preliminary PWAD support (one wad at a time)
0.2 - 9/10/2008
- Remapped Wii controls to joystick handling code
- Control stick no longer stalls
- Joystick code extended to handle nearly all currently supported device inputs
- IR controls partly implemented (basic turning)
- Menu navigation made consistent with Wii titles
- Audio now plays at correct pitch
- Brightness/Gamma set to low value
- Framerate uncapped
- Weapon switching via Left/Right on D-pad
- IR is now linear
0.1.1 - 8/23/2008
- Fixed the "Quit" bug
- Hit "A" for all instances of "Y" (yes) to verify
- Replaced the Homebrew Channel icon to Funkamatic's
0.1 Alpha - 8/22/2008
- First public version