- If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the WiiDoom directory from the archive to the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you have to use the "boot.dol" file.
- Copy the prboom directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. You will need a WAD data file to play. It must be placed in the prboom folder.
- Launch the game using your loader.
WAD files contain levels, sounds, textures, and sprite data necessary to play the game. The following commercial wads are known to work:
- Original Doom and Ultimate Doom (shareware and full)
- Doom II
- Final Doom
In theory, many of the custom wads created by the Doom fan community may also work.
Support for the free software/open source FreeDoom wad has been dropped as of v0.2 due to compatibility issues with some of its levels. This is a low priority issue for the developer.
There is preliminary support for PWADs (patch wads). A single PWAD can be played at a time. See the instructions for how to activate a PWAD.
If the nunchuck is not working when WiiDoom first loads, then simply unplug it and plug it back in.
|/||Weapon select down/up|
|///||Automap Pan Up/Down/Left/Right|
|/||Automap Zoom In/Out|The controls are also customizable. Button remapping has been disabled as of 0.2.
Report Bugs at the project page. Please do not use the wiki discussion page for this.
- Manually switching weapons to or from the BFG 9000 causes the game to freeze and requires a forced power-down of the Wii by the user.
- Keycards/skullkeys are not shown in the HUD.
- Some walls/textures are not drawn.
- The final level of TNT Evilution can not be completed.
- No music.
- Some options don't work.