Difference between revisions of "WiiDoom"
Revision as of 05:42, 10 March 2019
|Licence||GPL and Freeware|
|Downloadable via the Homebrew Browser|
Error creating thumbnail:
- WiiDoom is available via the Homebrew Browser.
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel, just copy the WiiDoom directory from the archive (located in the apps directory) to the apps directory on the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader, you have to use the "boot.dol" file.
- Place IWAD files in /apps/wiidoom/data/
- To play PWADS you will need a full copy of Doom 1 or Doom 2. Place PWAD files in /apps/wiidoom/data/pwad/
- Launch the game using your loader.
WAD files contain levels, sounds, textures, and sprite data necessary to play the game. The following commercial wads are known to work:
- Original Doom and Ultimate Doom (shareware and full)
- Doom II
- Final Doom
In theory, many of the custom wads created by the Doom fan community may also work.
PWADs can be loaded in the order you choose when launching the program. the start screen allows the player to choose one IWAD (required) and one PWAD. The name of the WAD in the PWAD folder cannot be longer than 4 characters.
PWADs designed for "advanced feature" source ports, like EDGE or ports in the ZDoom family are not likely to work on WiiDoom, since it is based on PrBoom. A good guideline to use it to make sure that the WADs specify whether they are designed for "vanilla", "limit-removing", or "Boom/Boom based" source ports, as anything else has a good chance of not working.
Other WADs that work:
Hell Revealed Difficult PWAD
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Doom Episode 1 replacement
If the nunchuk is not working when WiiDoom first loads, then simply unplug it and plug it back in.
|/||Automap Zoom In/Out|
- NOTE: Will post gc and classic controller controls later. Too busy now :( --Arikado
- Keycards/skullkeys are not shown in the HUD.
- Some walls/textures are not drawn.
- No music.
- Weapon display in TNT is broken
Report Bugs at the project page. Please do not use the wiki discussion page to report bugs.
0.4.5 - 29-August-2010
- Full SDHC Support
- Full USB Support
- Classic Controller Support
- Gamecube Controller Support
- Changed /prboom/ to /apps/wiidoom/data/
- Various bugfixes and tweaks
0.4.2 - 13-May-2010
- Compiled against devkitpro r21 and latest SDL.
0.4.1 - 5/12/2008
- Fixed shareware wad crashing bug
0.4 - 17/11/2008
- Added WAD loader
- Finale cast can now be advanced through
- Config file saving/loading works
- Classis stairbuilding enabled by default
- Added IR crosshair option in general settings menu
- Disabled IR crosshair by default
- Fixed vertical resolution to fit on the screen better
- Fixed Twilight Hack Input bug
- Moved messages output location to original spot
- "Reset to defaults" now works
0.3.1 - 10/10/2008
- IR input based on raw values (and seems smoother, IMO)
- BFG/weapon switching bug fixed
- Added (small) IR crosshair, to help with aiming
0.3 - 9/21/2008
- Saving/Loading works (using Nintendo-style save slots)
- Messages are now correctly displayed on screen
- Automap works (panning, zooming, and follow mode)
- Boot.dol distributed instead of Boot.elf (much smaller file)
- Preliminary PWAD support (one wad at a time)
0.2 - 9/10/2008
- Remapped Wii controls to joystick handling code
- Control stick no longer stalls
- Joystick code extended to handle nearly all currently supported device inputs
- IR controls partly implemented (basic turning)
- Menu navigation made consistent with Wii titles
- Audio now plays at correct pitch
- Brightness/Gamma set to low value
- Framerate uncapped
- Weapon switching via Left/Right on D-pad
- IR is now linear
0.1.1 - 8/23/2008
- Fixed the "Quit" bug
- Hit "A" for all instances of "Y" (yes) to verify
- Replaced the Homebrew Channel icon to Funkamatic's
0.1 Alpha - 8/22/2008
- First public version
The WiiDoom download above seems to crash if you try to load DOOM1.WAD (the included shareware Doom!). It did run for me with the standard DOOM.WAD though.
But I found this WiiDoom-Fork, which is an updated and improved version: https://github.com/smitnich/WiiDoom-Fork
It does run the included Doom Shareware. And, as noted on its page, this fork added some controller options, music support, and, behind the scenes, it fixed a long-standing bug where stereo sound was reversed in the game (sounds which should come from the right were coming from the left). I don't think any other Wii Doom port has fixed that problem.
However, this fork was not packaged correctly on the github site, so I went ahead and put together a functional package, including the Timidity files which enable music. I also did a bit of hex editing of the .dol in order to alter the expected locations of those files so they could be put within the WiiDoom folder instead of being on the root, to make things more tidy. And by the way, that WiiDoom folder is hard-coded, so don't try renaming it or you'll get crashy!
Also, along with the DOOM1.WAD (shareware) file, I included Chex Quest and Chex Quest 2 PWADs (those are also free), so you should be able to play this without any further downloads. (Unfortunately this cannot load .DEH files which are needed to fully convert mods like Chex Quest, so not quite everything in the games will be converted -- for example, the Flemmoids will shoot at you even though they normally shouldn't. And note that Chex Quest 2 uses sounds from Chex Quest (1), so they both must be loaded in order to play Chex Quest 2 (without having Doom sounds in the game, anyway).
Including the sound files does make for a much larger download... so this is 29.4 meg.
Download here: https://nofile.io/f/7kuCA5RoZUA/WiiDoom(shareware).7z
(This stuff by Mr. Reaper )