Jump to navigation Jump to search
WiiBrew displays no user information that is personal in context. WiiBrew will also never use data collected outside of the scopes listed below.
- Email addresses and Email address confirmation dates, which are stored privately.
- If the user has their email or any other sensitive information on their userpage, WiiBrew bears no responsibility for any malicious activity may occur to said materials.
- IP addresses, not visible to the public. Used to counter spam.
- Third-party cookies from Google providing services for Google AdSense and Google Analytics.
- WiiBrew also employs the usage of Google's reCAPTCHA, which is known to send information to Google. reCAPTCHA is required for all users to take in order to make an edit on WiiBrew, in order to counter spam. While the usage software such as Tor or VPNs can be used to prevent this data from being collected, doing so will likely make the reCAPTCHA more difficult. In plain English, this is what reCAPTCHA is known to collect:
- Browser and browser headers (potentially operating system)
- IP addresses
- While a good majority of homebrew is hosted on WiiBrew, other apps may have download links that lead to other websites for the download, and source code links may lead to source repository sites such as GitHub. WiiBrew cannot guarantee the privacy of external sites, thus, if privacy is a concern, it is recommended to read the privacy policies of the external sites.