This page is where well made and high quality apps are put on the spotlight. Here, the best of the best are rightfully showed off. Any download from this page - you are going to want to keep it.
To protect the integrity of the Featured homebrew section, a process for adding new applications has been established. If you wish to see an application added, first review the minimum criteria below to ensure the application is appropriate for this section. If you feel it does meet the criteria, add it to the Nominations page (if it is not already there). Do not nominate your own application!
The application must:
- be completely stable
- contain no major bugs
- be of particular use or value
- be usable by the majority of homebrew users (ie: support for SDHC, PAL, etc.)
- have a quality WiiBrew wiki page (description, usage, controls, screenshots, etc.)
- have a quality graphical interface
- be in one of the following categories: games, emulators, media players, utilities, or loaders
- be HBC compatible and be packaged with icon.png and meta.xml files
- not modify the Wii's flash memory (NAND) or otherwise cause permanent changes to the Wii
- This is not a popularity contest - a new application might be a good candidate for this page, provided it meets the criteria above. Other applications, although popular, are not good candidates for this page (eg: Wii64)
- If there are multiple versions of the same homebrew (eg: MPlayer), the most stable and maintained version will be picked
- The final decision about whether an application will be added is made by the WiiBrew administrators
- An application can be re-evaluated for inclusion at a later date