Visual Boy Advance GX
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
- Custom controller configurations
- SD / USB support
- SRAM & State saving
- MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
- Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
Notes from the Developer
ZIP/DVD/SMB/GameCube Memory Card support are NOT implemented yet. The current build does NOT have adjustable frameskip. Frameskipping is set to 'AUTO' and cannot be changed. While speed is generally near perfect, sound tends to rebuffer as a result of frameskipping, so in-game music may suffer as a result, sounding like a CD-skipping. This does not occur with Gameboy Color games or original Gameboy games, which do not use the frameskip function.
- If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/vbagx_wii.dol.
- ROMs & saves files should be stored in vbagx/roms and vbagx/saves on the root of your SD card or USB flash drive. You can copy the vbagx directory from the archive to your support drive. Your ROMs must be in ".gba" format.
- Launch the emulator using your Loader.
Visit the Official Release/Discussion Thread at tehskeen
|or||/||or / or Up/Down||/ or||Move through the Menu System|
|Select menu option|
|/ or||/||or /||/||Go to the Last/First file|
|/ or||/||or / or Up/Down||/ or Up/Down||Select previous/next file|
|Up one directory|
|Load the selected file or enter selected directory|
|or Left||Quit the file selection menu|
In Game (by default)
The controls can be changed in "Controller Configuration" menu.
|Left||or Left||Emulator menu|
[What's New 1.0.0]
- Now compiles with devkitpro r15
- One makefile to make all versions
- Complete rewrite based on code from SNES9x GX
- Now has a menu! ROM selector, preferences, controller mapping, etc
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic controller support
- Button mapping for all controller types
- Full support for SD and USB
- Load/save preference selector. ROMs, saves, and preferences are saved/loaded according to these
- 'Auto' settings for save/load - attempts to automatically determine your load/save device(s) - SD, USB
- Preferences are loaded and saved in XML format. You can open VBAGX.xml edit all settings, including some not available within the program