Hi all... I wanted to give the Homebrew browser a try, butt it keeps on giving me a dump. I am running: 3.2 PAL 1.9s Wiikey
When i want to start it prompts to install. Yes --> Dump No --> Dump
What am i doing wrong ??
- Do you have an SD card in the Wii? Is it formatted? Have you tried using ftpii to manually install the Homebrew Browser? Have you been able to run any other Wii applications? --Teknecal 10:48, 30 July 2008 (CEST)
Well most Homebrew runs without any problems. ScummVM and a lot of games, WaD installers etc they run ok. I do have an SD card, but it is not formatted, or else i cannot use it with the Homebrew channel !! FTPII... never used that before. But is this a problem with your app ?? Or in combination with the Homebrew Channel ??
- I'm really not sure what the problem could be? When you press B, does it say "Retrieving Homebrew application images" or does it just code dump? Very strange. --Teknecal 13:58, 31 July 2008 (CEST)
UPDATE: The code dump comes right after when it says "Retrieving Homebrew application images". I don't even see him loading. Is this a problem with the SD ? I tried different types but it doesn't matter :|
- Seems like people are having this issue. Check your SD card and make sure that the little notch on the card isn't set to locked mode (meaning the Wii can't write to the SD card). --Teknecal 11:08, 6 August 2008 (CEST)
Used differnt cards and the lock is off... because i can write on it with my wii...
- Please try the following boot file which contains debug information - http://www.codemii.com/homebrew_browser.elf --Teknecal 14:52, 7 August 2008 (CEST)
Sorry for the long delay... Now i have tried your debug version. It says than: downloading Image, and then the code dump appears. B4rtj4h 19:20, 20 august 2008
- Thanks for replying. I assume that you are seeing "About to download image file" and then it code dumps. I've updated the HBB debug with more debug text, please re-try it: http://www.codemii.com/homebrew_browser_debug.elf --Teknecal 09:59, 21 August 2008 (UTC)
Well... it does write a lot :), but the strange thing is that i have to set my SD cards locked. (because i cannot write on them with my computer but your homebrew apparently does)
Little weird, but seems ok ;) EDIT: Is it normal that when i start the browser it is checking every file (takes about 10 minutes) ? But when it is runnin its coooool !!
- It should only take like 1/4 of a second or less for each dot to appear when it's checking the files. Do you have a really slow SD card? I'm using a 2 year old 64 MB SD card and it works fast.
LOL... the package said Speedy xD... Bought a real speedy one and it runs a little faster now. Maybe an idea: can't you change HBL so it starts with the files it already has, and than update them ?? So not first updatin and than browsin, but meanwile when you're browsing./
Could you add WiiPhysics, the new version please?
- Done, updated to v1.3 --Teknecal 16:29, 8 July 2008 (CEST)
Any plans to track download count? One of the reasons I like hosting my own downloads are to see if anyone is actually using the stuff i write (WiiPhysics). Would be nice to be able to get an idea of what is downloaded using your tool. --Beardface 18:44, 8 July 2008 (CEST)
- There is a plan to do that in the future (once the about box is replaced with an about window, so things like ratings, download count, a longer description and maybe a screenshot can be shown). For now I can provide some stats from the webserver logs on the top 10 downloaded applications. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Homebrew_apps/Homebrew_Browser#Stats
Controllers for OpenTyrianWii
Hey, could you please update the supported controllers for OpenTyrianWii to include the nunchuck and GC pad? Thanks! - Molokai 03:41, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sure, it has been done. --Teknecal 12:38, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Alternative Contact Method?
- Yeah, you can email me at email@example.com --Teknecal 11:23, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
- Thanks. --Lukegb 11:49, 5 August 2008 (CEST)
Too many apps and games soon
Soon there will be so many apps and homebrew games it will slow down the whole experience, so what about hiding the apps/games someone has and are up to date with? I love the different colour schemes etc letting us know if we have and if things are up to date, but imo soon there will be too many pages to flick through so perhaps an option to hide all installed and updated to current version apps. Just a thought. Great stuff m8 :) Slimmmmmm
Hi. I'm interested in running queries on the Homebrew Browser stats you have at codemii. I know it's a long shot, but what are the odds of getting read access to your database? I'll be your best friend! -- MetaFight 20:41, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sent you a PM on youtube. --Teknecal 23:57, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks --Linus 18:15, 13 August 2009 (UTC)