User talk:DaVinz/Scorched Earth
Woo! Scorched Earth! I love Scorched Earth! Am looking forward to it. Don't know if you're doing a straight port or a remake but I think using the tilt of the Wiimote to control the angle would be cool and make it more "Wii-like". It might however be a stupid idea... Chris 16:55, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
A Remake For Fans
It is a remake, but be sure that the spirit of the game is respect with precision. Earth fall, weapon market, shield, autodefense, funckybomb ;). The graphics are a bit different (more cartoon style) cause I'm not a good graphist. I've add some weather features and ambient sounds. I will try to be quick to release Screenshots and Alpha version (already working and finish at 90%). But I'm not very familiar with the wiki-style for the moment. Be patient with me.
I've already try to set angle by tilting wiimote... it's... not precise... :D --DaVinz 17:23, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
Find now the new release of WarHeads : Scorched Earth 1.0b
The next version will contain some new features :
- Screen options
Don't forget : Visit Scorched Earth's site
Please, feed back in this page or mail me at DaVinz_eCode@sfr.fr Thanks ! --DaVinz 14:46, 20 October 2010 (CEST)
are you still working on warheads? --Stonga 19:08, 5 December 2010 (CET)
- Yes, but I'm facing a bug due to the overload of stacks (CPU memory). I think my screensize functions are... too heavy :D
- I'm searching for another way to do the job... --DaVinz 17:17, 11 December 2010 (CET)
- Version 1.0c will come soon, I've redefine some GRRLIB functions so you will be able to adjust the screen size. All work fine, but I must bring my wii at a friend who got a LCD TV to do the last adjustments :D (Yes, I have five PC capable of calculating the millionth decimal place of pi, but just a rotten CRT TV.) --DaVinz 14:38, 10 January 2011 (CET)
Ideas and Bugs
- Coding corrections : Screen cut off. Thanks to Mr. Reaper, TheTome and Greg Calantropio. --DaVinz 01:54, 8 October 2010 (CEST)
- Done : The numbers need commas in them to make it easier to read: 30,000 100,000 7,000 150,000. Thanks to Mr. Reaper
- Done : Also, how about when you rest the pointer over a tank, you can see how much % energy and % shield it has left. Thanks to Mr. Reaper
- Done : Screen viewport adjustment... Thanks to Stonga
Thanks for ideas !--DaVinz 14:46, 20 October 2010 (CEST)--
can you have there be screen size options? my tv is weird and old so the picture doesnt fit properly and i cant see some of the buttons on the edges. you could also have nothing on the edges and just like have a border. (i wont be able to see it but i will be able to see the buttons at least!) please --Stonga 00:55, 14 October 2010 (CEST)
The Screen size problem is solved only in the new version (1.0b) but this version is not available yet on HBB. You can get it here :  If the problem persist, check the screen configuration of your wii (50Hz for most European country, 60Hz for USA). This config is good if you can see the very top of the screen (if you can read WarHeads on the main screen). ...and if it does not work I will check my code. I will add screen size options in future version. Please, Tell me if one of these solutions works. Thanks. --DaVinz 14:03, 15 October 2010 (CEST)
- ok I will check later today --Stonga 17:30, 15 October 2010 (CEST)
- alright i tried it (a little late) and the latest version does not fix my problem --Stonga 01:12, 24 October 2010 (CEST)
- So I will work at it. Just a last question :
- do you have the same problem with others Homebrew/Games, like Homebrew Browser for example ? Thanks for your help. --DaVinz 19:59, 29 October 2010 (CEST)
- Sort of, but not as bad --Stonga 19:22, 30 October 2010 (CEST)
I'm searching for people who can check/correct the translations of WarHeads. There is two files in the WarHeads directory called Descript.cfg and Langage.cfg witch contains translated text.
- Need an english speaker
- Need a spanish speaker
- If you want to traduce Warheads in an other language, just tell me !
i am a native and fluent english speaker and i could help but not all the time--Stonga 01:13, 24 October 2010 (CEST).