From WiiBrew
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wii This user is running System Menu 4.1 on their Wii.
Userbox homebrew channel.png This user has installed the Homebrew Channel version 1.0.5 on their Wii.

DVDX This user has installed DVDX on their Wii.
BootMii This user has installed BootMii on their Wii.
This user used the Twilight Hack to install homebrew.
Homebrew Browser This user uses the Homebrew Browser to download and update their homebrew.
4 Wii Remotes This user owns 4 Wii Remotes.
Nunchuck alternative.svg This user owns 2 Nunchuks.
ClassicController.svg This user owns 1 Classic Controller.
Wii MotionPlus This user owns 2 Wii MotionPlus units.
GameCube Controller This user owns 1 GameCube Controller.
Wii Balance Board This user owns 1 Wii Balance Board.
Wii LAN Adapter This user owns a Wii LAN Adapter.
SD Card This user owns a 2gb SD card.
USB Keyboard This user owns a USB Keyboard.
Usbmouse.svg This user owns a USB mouse.

I'm an anonymous wii user. From this page you may read about my recent findings, conserning especially valuable information that didn't exist the interewebs before. (F.e Taiko drum & glovepie.. Trust me, i have very 31337 googlor skillzor... The golden sun emulator thingie was found on some anciet tehskeen thread..)

Wiibrewfan4's mystique findings

Glovepie & Wii Taiko Drum Controller

Around 10-20 of August, I've figured out how to read all necessary incoming data from the Wii Taiko Drum controller using glovepie. It seems that Taiko No Tatsujin isn't using the full potential of the controller, as it turned out that there were a possibility of 16 different key presses... (15 if you don't count the state when none of the 'buttons' are pressed ;)) When i'm done with the investigations i'll post the script somewhere around teh internets. WID..

Update: Here's a little something... I've managed to lost the original script file during normal format operation, and i've also temporarily lost interest in redoing the script. Anyway, even if you have little experience for glovepie scripting, this should be a no-brainer for you. ;p ... I will however redo this script in near future, but for now this is all that i have the energy to write..--Wiibrewfan4 17:57, 24 September 2009 (UTC)

//please note that there's 16 different states, 
//but in this example i don't define all of them...

//use the command below to find out the inByte that changes 
//when the taiko drum contoller is being hit. 
debug  = wiimote1.InByteString

//if needed, replace inByte18 with the value you get by examining 
//the debug variable. I do not fully understand why the 
//inByte number keeps chaning after restarting glovepie 
//between inbyte18 and inbyte21 with my current setup..
var.drum_nohit = wiimote1.inByte18=0xFF
var.drum_right_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xEF
var.drum_left_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xBF
var.drum_right_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0xF7
var.drum_left_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0x9F
var.drum_up = wiimote1.inbyte18=0x97
var.drum_middle = wiimote1.inbyte18=0xaf

//map the midi to the "keypresses"

Overcoming the very annoying lag in Golden Sun: The lost age when using wii port of VBA.

13 of September I found out that if you have been trying to play Golden sun: The Lost Age with more recent versions of Visual Boy Advance, the framerate is terrible, but the version 1.01 runs it allmost perfectly! :o

Recent struggles with bootmii, mikep4-kernel and upgraded debian-lenny

The 'latest' cvs-version of nuvalo's x11 cube-module has to be compiled in order to get Xorg working after dist-upgrading debian from etch to lenny. I have 42" wide-screen TV connected to wii with YPbPr-cabel. With my hardware setup the compiled cube-driver fucks up the visibility of screen borders. In order to lower my y-resolution I had to modify several lines from the cube-driver.c and recompile it. All in all this required several hours of investigation & testing, and even google turned me down. So in near future expect to see a short tutorial how to get, hack, compile and install cube-driver.c with the resolution of your choice! Update: Here are the needed changes, I'm using height value 460, so change this if the screen is still stretched...

if (width == 640 && ((height == 480)||(height == 576)))
    match = TRUE;

  if (!match)
    xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_ERROR,
               "Selected width = %d and height = %d is not supported by cube/wii
\n", width, height);
    //first we allow the Xorg to start up no matter what resolution is given...
    return TRUE; //* CHANGE THIS!

//part2: the last lines of cube_driver.c
static void
CUBERefreshAll(ScrnInfoPtr pScrn)
  BoxRec box;
  box.x1 = 0;
  box.x2 = 640;
  box.y1 = 0;
  box.y2 = 460; //* CHANGE THIS!
  CUBERefreshArea(pScrn, 1, &box);

After this, compile the driver and cp /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/cube_driver.* /usr/lib/xorg/modules/ and change xorg-conf to match your new height value (460 in this example) ... I may remember this part wrong but I'll update these instructions later today when I have the access to my wii. :)


Completed Giddy 3 16.02.2008 on one session with 6 lives left.