I'm an anonymous wii user. From this page you may read about my recent findings, conserning especially valuable information that didn't exist the interewebs before. (F.e Taiko drum & glovepie.. Trust me, i have very 31337 googlor skillzor... The golden sun emulator thingie was found on some anciet tehskeen thread..)
Wiibrewfan4's mystique findings
Glovepie & Wii Taiko Drum Controller
Around 10-20 of August, I've figured out how to read all necessary incoming data from the Wii Taiko Drum controller using glovepie. It seems that Taiko No Tatsujin isn't using the full potential of the controller, as it turned out that there were a possibility of 16 different key presses... (15 if you don't count the state when none of the 'buttons' are pressed ;)) When i'm done with the investigations i'll post the script somewhere around teh internets. WID..
Update: Here's a little something... I've managed to lost the original script file during normal format operation, and i've also temporarily lost interest in redoing the script. Anyway, even if you have little experience for glovepie scripting, this should be a no-brainer for you. ;p ... I will however redo this script in near future, but for now this is all that i have the energy to write..--Wiibrewfan4 17:57, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
//please note that there's 16 different states, //but in this example i don't define all of them... //use the command below to find out the inByte that changes //when the taiko drum contoller is being hit. debug = wiimote1.InByteString //if needed, replace inByte18 with the value you get by examining //the debug variable. I do not fully understand why the //inByte number keeps chaning after restarting glovepie //between inbyte18 and inbyte21 with my current setup.. var.drum_nohit = wiimote1.inByte18=0xFF var.drum_right_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xEF var.drum_left_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xBF var.drum_right_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0xF7 var.drum_left_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0x9F var.drum_left_middle_right_up=wiimote1.inbyte18=0xb7 var.drum_right_middle_left_up=wiimote1.inbyte18=0x8f var.drum_up = wiimote1.inbyte18=0x97 var.drum_middle = wiimote1.inbyte18=0xaf //map the midi to the "keypresses" midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_right_middle midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_left_middle midi.OpenHihat=var.drum_right_up midi.CrashCymbal1=var.drum_left_up midi.OpenHihat=var.drum_left_middle_right_up midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_left_middle_right_up midi.CrashCymbal1=var.drum_right_middle_left_up midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_right_middle_left_up midi.HighMidTom=var.drum_up midi.lowtom=var.drum_middle
Overcoming the very annoying lag in Golden Sun: The lost age when using wii port of VBA.
13 of September I found out that if you have been trying to play Golden sun: The Lost Age with more recent versions of Visual Boy Advance, the framerate is terrible, but the version 1.01 runs it allmost perfectly! :o
Recent struggles with bootmii, mikep4-kernel and upgraded debian-lenny
The 'latest' cvs-version of nuvalo's x11 cube-module has to be compiled in order to get Xorg working after dist-upgrading debian from etch to lenny. I have 42" wide-screen TV connected to wii with YPbPr-cabel. With my hardware setup the compiled cube-driver fucks up the visibility of screen borders. In order to lower my y-resolution I had to modify several lines from the cube-driver.c and recompile it. All in all this required several hours of investigation & testing, and even google turned me down. So in near future expect to see a short tutorial how to get, hack, compile and install cube-driver.c with the resolution of your choice!
Completed Giddy 3 16.02.2008 on one session with 6 lives left.