I'm an anonymous wii user.
Completed Giddy 3 16.02.2008 on one session with 6 lives left.
Around 10-20 of August, I've figured out how to read all necessary incoming data from the Wii Taiko Drum controller using glovepie. It seems that Taiko No Tatsujin isn't using the full potential of the controller, as it turned out that there were a possibility of 16 different key presses... (15 if you don't count the state when none of the 'buttons' are pressed ;)) When i'm done with the investigations i'll post the script somewhere around teh internets. WID..
Update: Here's a little something... I've managet to lost the original script file during normal format operation, and i've also temporarily lost interest in redoing the script. Anyway, even if you have little experience for glovepie scripting, this should be a no-brainer for you. ;p ... I will however redo this script in near future, but for now this is all that i have the energy to write..--Wiibrewfan4 17:57, 24 September 2009 (UTC)
//please note that there's 16 different states, //but in this example i don't define all of them... //use the command below to find out the inByte that changes //when the taiko drum contoller is being hit. debug = wiimote1.InByteString //if needed, replace inByte18 with the value you get by examining //the debug variable. I do not fully understand why the //inByte number keeps chaning after restarting glovepie //between inbyte18 and inbyte21 with my current setup.. var.drum_nohit = wiimote1.inByte18=0xFF var.drum_right_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xEF var.drum_left_middle = wiimote1.inByte18=0xBF var.drum_right_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0xF7 var.drum_left_up = wiimote1.inByte18=0x9F var.drum_left_middle_right_up=wiimote1.inbyte18=0xb7 var.drum_right_middle_left_up=wiimote1.inbyte18=0x8f var.drum_up = wiimote1.inbyte18=0x97 var.drum_middle = wiimote1.inbyte18=0xaf //map the midi to the "keypresses" midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_right_middle midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_left_middle midi.OpenHihat=var.drum_right_up midi.CrashCymbal1=var.drum_left_up midi.OpenHihat=var.drum_left_middle_right_up midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_left_middle_right_up midi.CrashCymbal1=var.drum_right_middle_left_up midi.AcousticSnare=var.drum_right_middle_left_up midi.HighMidTom=var.drum_up midi.lowtom=var.drum_middle
13 of September I found out that if you have been trying to play Golden sun: The Lost Age with more recent versions of Visual Boy Advance, the framerate is terrible, but the version 1.01 runs it allmost perfectly! :o