Image and sound libraries are created using what I think is the same process as in the original project, but both images and sound are corrupted - can anyone shed any light on this? As a newbie to C, some of the goings-on in gfx.c are still a bit of a mystery to me.
Compile and install the latest libogc and install it to the libogc folder (required by SDL Wii), e.g.:
cd \projects\wii svn co https://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/devkitpro/trunk/libogc/ devkitpro\libogc cd devkitpro\libogc make make install
Copy all the SDL files (dependencies and SDL port) to your DevkitPro/libogc folder (required to build chaos-wii).
Download gfx2gba and put it somewhere on your PATH (required to build /img libraries).
Download SoX and put it somewhere on your PATH (required to build /snd libraries).
- Get the source using Mercurial
- Run make in /img to create image libraries
- Run make in /snd to create sound library
- Run make in the project's root directory to compile the source and .elf/.dol it all up
cd \projects\wii hg clone http://bitbucket.org/insin/chaos-wii/ chaos-wii cd chaos-wii\img make cd ..\snd make cd .. make
- Code which was running fine yesterday is core dumping this morning. Wasted this morning's development time trying to fix it, but in the end pulling a fresh copy from bitbucket sorted it out.
- Gadzooks! It runs! Graphics and sound are horribly corrupted and there are no controls.
- Enabled SDL joystick input and replaced keyboard controls with Wiimote controls.
- Made source available via bitbucket
- Wrote makefile for snd library
- Wrote makefile for project
- Hacked until the compiler was happy - this mostly involved dropping #include <gccore.h> where it was complaining and prepending all SDL header includes with "SDL/" (which doesn't seem right to me). Now builds to a .dol, no idea if it runs yet.
- Wrote makefile for img libraries - not a happy introduction to makefiles, thanks to the existing one being written with automake.
0.1 - Direct Port
|Emulate GBA controls with horizontal Wiimote||☑|
|Remove window scaling code, always display in fullscreen||☐|
|Fix graphics/sound corruption||☐|