This looks amazing!!! I'm willing to help you integrate libwiisprite and/or my HOMEbrew Menu if you want my help.--Arikado 00:38, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks! Once I start working on the GUI, you may be able to help me with that. Kudos on the amazing library! --Jsmaster 02:13, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
Hey, you need help with the server?
Maybe i can help you with a PHP thing. --WiiCracker 17:42, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Need a tester ?
i would like to test this. --WiiCracker 17:42, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- It's going to be a little bit until I have something "testable," but later I will need all the testers I can get! --Jsmaster 02:15, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be a tester!!! Pinball wizard 02:14, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- I would be more than happy to test this for you! Sounds like a good project. I have two Wiis on my home network so I could prolly test the network stuff early-ish for you if you want? email@example.com 22:32, 16 May 2009 (UTC)Warpedflash
- Thanks, you can be a tester. Actually, I also have two wiis (my sister had to get her own) so its easy for me to test LAN stuff. Jsmaster 19:12, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
I thought of an idea for a new name for the project, ConnectMii! Also, at some point it may become integraded with WiiChat if someone picks up that project. I think it's based on Pidgin or some other open-source linux chat project. - Twil
- Not sure if WiiChat is actually being developed, but i will just be making my own chat client(s) for WiiConnect. I thought of ConnectMii also, but I'm not sure if I like it over WiiConnect. I am going to try to integrate Mii's now that the library came out, so ConnectMii might be a more appropriate title. --Jsmaster 03:07, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
OOH! pick mee! Beegee7730 10:42, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Sure thing! Any contact info?--Jsmaster 19:43, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
Beegee7730@hotmail.com for MSN/Emails. 14:55, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
I really like the concept of wiiconnect and i'm really looking forward to a good working MSN thing. I want to be a tester if you are sure it won't harm my wii or something.
GabberNL 19:23, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks. Sure, you can test away! It may be a little while until MSN gets implimented, but I do plan on eventually getting around to it. Do not worry, it will not harm your wii. If you would like to, you also could help me translate WiiConnect into Dutch. Jsmaster 20:47, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- E-mail? Jsmaster 22:16, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, translating is no problem. firstname.lastname@example.org. But when you send me an email, could you please say that on may Talk page? Because that's an old email and i don't want to give my current email. GabberNL 07:24, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll translate Wiiconnect page when there is a download available. GabberNL 14:52, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
- OK, thanks. I'll have a download pretty shorly. First, I want to finish the friend list, and the custom IM (so when you open WiiConnect, you are automagically logged on, creating a type of XBOX Live feel). I'm in the process of finishing the friend list, and still need to write the server for the custom IM thing. Jsmaster 03:16, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
When can we expect a first public beta? i can be a tester also, if testers are still needed(mail:email@example.com) JussiPik 12:27, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- The first beta will be when one of the features is completed (email, news, chat etc.). You can expect that release to be in a few weeks, and development will then become much faster as school ends. I don't really need anymore testers, but I'll let you be the last one. What I really need is someone to work with, either for programming or especially graphics. If anyone wants to help, don't hesitate to ask! Jsmaster 21:13, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- with graphics you mean like gui graphics or something like that? if that is what you mean, i can gladly help :)JussiPik 23:40, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- That design looked amazing! If you want, you can be the artist for WiiConnect. And yes, I really need GUI graphics (I suck at designing myself). Jsmaster 02:17, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, my first design project, i`m proud to be a part of the team :), should we make a google.code project of this?JussiPik 08:28, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Does anyone see a feature missing, or something you wish WiiConnect had? Post a message here explaining what you would like, and I will take your idea into consideration. Jsmaster 21:41, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
WiiSpeak support!JussiPik 11:34, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
I suggest making whatever protocol you pick (say msn) and its chat client into a lib so others can intergrate it into their own programs. like press teh home button and you open the chat client but have some simple code you can stick in the main that will connect etc? if that makes sence... should be possible in some way? Warpedflash 00:18, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
Okay, lemme think...
- Hooks/library for other homebrew, as Warpedflash mentioned, are good. Again, more of an XBox Live feel, where you can be happily playing Helium Boy, watching a movie, or playing Zelda on Snes9x GX, while still being connected to IM. If someone sends an IM, it pops up on-screen. Optimally, I think WiiConnect should simply be able to run in the background, but not knowing enough about the program architecture of the Wii I'll assume it can't be done that way.
- You said you're already working on Mii support, which is great. On a related note, I saw the comment above about renaming the project to ConnectMii, which I think is great; WiiConnect might be too confusing with WiiConnect24.
- This is down the road once you've got multiple IM mediums going on, but like Trillian and Pidgin, I think being able to combine multiple contacts into a Metacontact (fr'ex, being able to combine AIM:etherlad, ICQ:1194311 and MSN:firstname.lastname@example.org into a single "Ian Watson" contact) would be invaluable.
- As part of the above two notes, perhaps a way to hook into the Wii's own Wii Friend Code system. It'd be neat if I could select a friend on my contact list and select "add as Wii friend" or something. Transparent to the user, so they don't even see the 12-digit friend code. Can't think of how this would be done, unless you do something like set the IM status message as the Friend Code or something.
That's about all that comes to mind at the moment. Fabulous idea, and I hope to see it in use soon. I know you're full up on testers, but if you need anyone else, I'm available. (: --IanWatson 05:41, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- Re: IM support, given most of the big ones are closed-source, you might want to start out with Jabber/XMPP, since it's open-source. --IanWatson 01:40, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey, I was wondering if you needed anymore testers. If so, shoot me an email:
Haysead 21:05, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
I just downloaded and tested your demo for WiiConnect and it looked fantastic! Beatifull layout! The background music is also very good. But I got 1 tip: Maybe you can make tooltips when you hover above a button. Because I didn't know what a lot of buttons ment. And when I pressed Status, it freezed.
( damn, its hard to write something with a hangover :s.. )
GabberNL 10:40, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- lol... Well I didn't know pressing status made it freeze, so I'll fix that (that text will eventually display network details such as connecting, recieving, etc). You might have actually been clicking the friends list, which is right above the Status text, and pressing the friends list does make it freeze for right now. The tooltip thing is a great idea! I'll definitely implement it. Thanks for the feedback! Jsmaster 17:03, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'll try it again today. GabberNL 10:22, 8 June 2009 (UTC)