When is the WiiSX going to available? I have one on my Wii but it doesnt work very well.
Its about time
I've been waiting for ages for someone to start this. I can die happy now =p Toagac 19:25, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
Do we need a BIOS image for this to work? If we do, where does it go?Toagac 22:10, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
The page needs more information. For example, does it play original game discs and backups through DVDx, or are you required to load disc images? How are the controls mapped on the GC pad? Can you use the classic controller? What are the current bugs and limitations? Does it emulate at full speed or is it slow? This information needs to be included on the wiki page. Flark 10:33, 5 December 2008 (UTC)
I tried the provided download. The .elf is invalid (due to a HBC update if I recall) and the .dol crashes with a code dump immediately. Investigating a bit further, I downloaded the source code and compiled it myself (at revision 57) with still no luck, and the exact same results. If there is any working code here, its hiding very well.
I'm curious to know why a page exists for a piece of homebrew that is clearly under major development and hasn't been publicly released even in a beta yet. Perhaps this should be removed until (and if) a stable release of some sort is made? I think its up to the original code writers of course, but that seems logical to me. Or perhaps this code used to work before HBC 1.0 and up and this should be classified as a bug? --Thegamefreak0134 09:02, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Hey does this software need to be on an SDHC or can it just be on a normal SD cause I have it on an SD and it just freezes after I pick my controller type [Analog or normal] and I pick mem card and then it freezes.---[PayneXIII] Wed, July 8, 2009
Now that you guys are working on this, likely to take up a chunk of time, will the Wii64 project be put on hiatus? --Yaanu
- I don't think so, they've still been updating Wii64, they just haven't made any releases of it. --Bg4545 02:47, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
Wiisx SLOW AS CRAP
I get constant half speed on symphony of the night, the wii is 2 generations ahead of psx, so why is it so horribly slow?
Why did you feel the need to ask such an uninformed question with the sensitivity of a rock? Because you're both still in development and are not meant to be used as a finished project. That's why you have to build the source for yourself at the moment. They need to port the code and required plug-ins to the Wii. They need to also optimize/cater it to the Wii's specs. Just wait, read and show some respect. It's going to become faster and more stable. srkelley
If you guys wanted to follow the ii naming scheme, why not call it PiiSX? -- MetaFight 23:41, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- I like the idea. if it was my app, i would do it. bgoode2006
- It sounds like Pee Sex, too wierd. Chameleon3322 —Preceding undated comment added 02:27, 15 June 2009 (UTC).
- My guess as to the naming... it's based on PCSX, but instead of running on a PC it runs on a Wii, so WiiSX makes sense. Or you could go for PCiiSX, or PSXii, but WiiSX works for me :)
- You think wrong. --Tantric 06:48, 18 April 2009 (UTC)
- ...Anyways, I'll try and contact the dev team and find out. Maybe we could get some more developers on it if they've abandoned it..--FUNKAMATIC ~talk 15:17, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, it looks like they're working on the 64 emu. Maybe they'll get to it when they're done.--FUNKAMATIC ~talk 15:22, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
New Emulator Release
There is a PSX emulator based off WiiSX, pcsx-reloaded, and pcsxgc.
Scroll to emukidid's comment about it.
It is an unofficial fork, not WiiSX.
USB support would be nice so we wont have to put the huge .bin/.cue files on our SD cards.--ChuckBartowski 17:47, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
I'm sure you are prioritising speed at the moment, but one day you may consider the following...
- Can it support the following PS controller adaptors?--Wilsoff 04:28, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- USB / SMB support would be great.--Wilsoff 04:28, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- Wiimote support would be good. For simple games there are probably enough buttons.--Wilsoff 04:28, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Add your thanks below!
Bloody excellent work, thank you!.--Wilsoff 04:28, 16 August 2009 (UTC)