how do you add favorites? -MM- —Preceding undated comment added 12:42, 2 March 2009 (UTC).
- Yes I'll look at adding this -- scanff —Preceding unsigned comment added by Scanff (talk • contribs) 00:42, 25 March 2009
- While playing a stream, press the "+" button on the Wiimote. Or, you can click on the GUI "+" button. -- TiMeBoMb 21:11, 19 May 2009 —Preceding undated comment added 01:42, 20 May 2009 (UTC).
- As of version 0.3, each favorite playlist has a delete button! -- TiMeBoMb 21:11, 19 May 2009 —Preceding undated comment added 01:42, 20 May 2009 (UTC).
Sources And Other Stream Support
Guess you like Trance, glad to hear it, check my site for Trance mixes etc http://djdynamite.listen.to/ Anyway enough rabbiting, cool app, are you not uploading the source no more? also does it support other stream types like .m3u etc? -- djdynamite123 17:15, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Version 0.2 was a rush release I forgot to zip up the sources. There's not many changes between 0.1 and 0.2 just playlists. I'll include sources in v0.3. Currently just supporting .pls but if I every have time I'll look at .m3u. -- Scanff —Preceding undated comment added 00:37, 54 March 2009 (UTC).
- Could always use a video/audio controller with phono leads going to AMP/HIFI etc. I doubt USB speakers would work. djdynamite123 22:48, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
- Don't know, libogc would have to support USB speakers -- scanff —Preceding unsigned comment added by Scanff (talk • contribs) 00:39, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Just a minor request, could Industrial genre be added? I tried to add it myself and recompile, but apparently I don't have all the libs that were used. Industrial is all I listen to on Shoutcast and that's what my playlist runs in, when I have it running. --RazorChrist 17:16, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- EDIT: Nevermind, it's easier just to download the .pls of specific stations from the Shoutcast site, and copy it to the pls folder on the SD card. Speaking of which, mad props on the custom playlist feature. Me likey. --RazorChrist 19:43, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well I'll be adding an ini type file to deal with the genres down the road -- Scanff —Preceding undated comment added 00:38, 25 March 2009 (UTC).
Can't the listing entries and everything else be bigger? There is so much unused space over and under the screen? Please! :-) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Knitax (talk • contribs) 17:47, 21 March 2009
- I'll look at adding support for other resolutions. Currently if all fits nicely on my crappy NTSC TV -- Scanff —Preceding undated comment added 00:41, 25 March 2009 (UTC).
Can you include a second version made for the 50Hz PAL TV resolution? Because the now used 60Hz NTSC version causing steady flickering on PAL TVs. -- Moschkosch 09:47, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree on my 47" HDTV it is frustrating to have only 4 per screen. Perhaps you could have an option for widescreen with like 8-10 per screen. Innovative1 16:44, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- OK, Perhaps you can help me out, I only have NTSC 480i so I'm not sure what other resolutions are supported by Wii. If you know what other formats Wii supports then list them here and I'll try to add better support for widescreen. Thanks :) -- Scanff 06:59, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately it only supports 480p but it does output an anamorphic widescreen resolution of 854x480 when set to 16:9 and 480p in the options. -- Innovative1 22:34, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Thank you ever so much for this magnificent port! I know it's in the early stages, but one thing I'd love to see incorporated is screen dimming to avoid screen burn on plasmas. Ideally this would dim after 60 secconds of no wiimote movement, and brighted up again when the wiimote is moved / a button pressed. Thanks again -- Wilsoff 03:08, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Also, here's a new hand.bmp, looks a bit funny on the computer, but looks fine on the wii once it makes the black transparent: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mjwejwteem0/hand.bmp I drew it myself so no copyright issues - anyone is free to do what they want with it.--Wilsoff 04:54, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes will do for v0.3 -- scanff —Preceding unsigned comment added by Scanff (talk • contribs) 00:42, 25 March 2009
- A burn-in protection feature has been added in version 0.3. Turn on the visualizer, by pressing "2" on the Wiimote. Then press Right on the D-Pad. The screen will turn black. -- TiMeBoMb 21:11, 19 May 2009 —Preceding undated comment added 02:16, 20 May 2009.
- Looks very cool. Although I love visuals it's not my coding specialty, I'm adding some more simple visuals to v0.4. The project is open source and I've done my best to separate out the visuals code for any developer to add better effects (which I hope they will). I'll take a look over Cthugha and see what I can port. --Scanff 20:33, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
What about translations for other languages? Is there a language file available for editing/translating? I could translate it in German. - Moschkosch 09:50, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry I personally don't speak anything but English. If someone would like to translate then I'd be happy to look at adding this feature. Just hold off 'til version 0.3 is out, there are lots of changes and the GUI will be finalized -- Scanff —Preceding undated comment added 19:12, 31 March 2009 (UTC).
"Browser" Part Of WiiRadio Not Working
- This should not happen anymore from v0.3+ -- Scanff 07:00, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Crash After Accessing 3rd Stream
I run the 4.0 fw. The third connection freezes the sw, can't turn off/go back, have to unplug, version 0.3. Just to let you know. Also ... it just freezed after about 1/2 hour running. If you need an Italian translator here I am. Fanonly 11:19, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, thanks I think it's an issue, I'm trying to nail it down for the next release. -- Scanff 06:55, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Quick edit to this - I have a 3.4 U wii, and I'm having the same issue, so it's not limited to 4.0 System Menu Wiis. Glad you're aware of it, though. :) - Jarsonic 10:58, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Yes it will affect all Wii's :) -- Scanff 16:37, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
It would be great if the genres were each searchable. I have some specific stations that I am having trouble finding at 4 items per screen. Specifically I am looking for Proton Radio and Radio1. Also, then you could search for 'Drum and Bass' or 'Breaks' for example and not have to wade through the pages and pages of Trance in the Techno and Dance genres. -- [User:Innovative1|Innovative1]] 16:44, 17 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll look at adding something to aid in this, not sure if it will be in the next version or not though. -- Scanff 06:56, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
Doesn't Recognize .PLS Playlist Files
I'm still having issues in 0.3 with WiiRadio not picking up .pls files in the /pls folder. They're the same format as ones that do work, heh. I don't see any rhyme or reason to ones that work and ones that don't. For example, I manually added one for bluemars.org's main stream, and it didn't show up. However, accessing it through the browser and adding it as a favorite worked fine; both .pls files, the one that worked and the one that didn't, are identical except for the filename of the .pls. Any ideas, Scanff? -- Jarsonic 11:02, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
- Not sure, Do you mind emailing me the .pls to scanff at yahoo.com (the one that does not work). I will take a look at it. -- Scanff 16:20, 18 May 2009 (UTC)
What About .M3U Playlists?
Some stations use m3u playlists, namely www.kohina.com It looks like most of them use .ogg instead of .mp3. Do these playlist files work? I tried adding it to the pls directory but it doesn't show up. I also tried to make it into a .pls file instead. The .pls file works in VLC, but doesn't show up in WiiRadio. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Synt4x (talk • contribs) 14:40, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
- M3U playlists will be supported in the next version but .ogg probably not until the mp3 playback is solid. There is a issue that will effect other .pls not created by WiiRadio (see above). This has already been fixed and will be in the next version. -- Scanff 15:33, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Playlists Cycling Via Button Input?
I like using the radio, but doing other things with my screen, it would be nice to be able to cycle through the playlist saved radio stations with B+Left D-pad or something similar. Toky 04:21, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean a "shuffle" feature, for your saved playlists? -- TiMeBoMb 15:32, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
I have been having the same issue as both of the people above me with version 0.4 Ever so curious how to fix it.--Mobilisq 15:20, 8 October 2009 (UTC)
- Can you paste the contents of the playlist here. There are some fixes in the SVN but it's hard to say what the issue is without seeing it. Thanks --Scanff 00:30, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
- Sure thing. There's a pls and an m3u--Mobilisq 02:21, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- The m3u file is not a valid m3u, All it contains is a stream URL and also it's pointing to an ogg which is not supported by WiiRadio Yet. The PLS file is also missing the title information, again if it's an ogg stream it won't work anyway.--Scanff 22:58, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Sure thing. There's a pls and an m3u--Mobilisq 02:21, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
"Buffering" text box
I love your program, but one tiny request:
I enjoy falling asleep with WiiRadio on, but late in the night, the wireless connection will drop the stream and leave a permanent buffering text box on until I close out WiiRadio, and if I fall asleep with the textbox on the screen for a few hours, it leaves a noticeable burn-in where the buffering noticebox was. I know it's my router and not your program, but would it be at all possible to dim the textbox to a gray or make it disappear after ten or so minutes so it doesn't burn in my crappy SDTV? Thanks for any help. Craig3410 05:34, 12 March 2010 (UTC)
Spanish characters not working
Hi. well, I was testing translating it to spanish. the thing is that the spanish characters like "ñ,¡, á,í,ó,ú" does not work as of 0.5. I was hopping if you can add this feature in Version 0.6 Thanks. ^^ --Vilapupu 01:50, 22 April 2010 (UTC)
- Yes but that's nothing to do with WiiRadio itself. Characters depend on the font set being used. Best bet is to find a set that contains those characters and use that.