Difference between revisions of "Talk:Wii64"
(→USB: new section)
m (→USB: RE:)
|Line 147:||Line 147:|
[[User:Roads|Roads]] 22:40, 27 February 2012 (CET)
[[User:Roads|Roads]] 22:40, 27 February 2012 (CET)
Revision as of 02:38, 28 February 2012
|/Archive 1 /Archive 2|
- 1 Error Reading ROMs From SD
- 2 Plugins?
- 3 Cant Do Anything
- 4 Source doesn't compile
- 5 Games
- 6 No Piracy Talk
- 7 Use MPK Format for Memory Cards?
- 8 Customizable Controls?
- 9 Option for hi-res or low-res texturepacks
- 10 Keyboard Support
- 11 Any way for me to speed things up?
- 12 Pokemon GB/C files?
- 13 Click Play Game - Instant Freeze
- 14 game freeze fix
- 15 Classic Controller Pro not supported
- 16 Does not read controller
- 17 failed to save
- 18 Classic Controller
- 19 Correct way to burn readable DVD's ? & Forum
- 20 wii 64 save problem
- 21 Doesn't support USB
- 22 paper mario crashing problem
- 23 Bad Link
- 24 Animal Forest Translation Error
- 25 Compatibility List
- 26 suggestion box
- 27 USB
Error Reading ROMs From SD
So I can run Wii64 from the SD card and everything. GUI pops up, I go to Load ROM, select SD as source, and I get an error pop-up saying it can't read from the path. This also happens with selecting save files from the menu. I verified that the ROMs were in 'SD:\wii64\roms', and obviously the SD card works because I can load Homebrew apps and Wii64 specifically. Any help? Thanks! travtastic 09:40, 20 November 2010 (CEST)
Hey I was wondering is Wii64 going to be compatible with different plugins for graphics controllers and sound so I can customize it to my liking? Piperwillow 19:24, 16 October 2010 (CEST)
Cant Do Anything
For some reason i cant select or move through the menu i tried with the wiimote the gamecube controller and a keyboard but i just cant get it to work. ive been looking for a solution online but i cant find anything
open the emulator then disconnect your controller (GC CONTROLLER) and connect it again
- I'm having the same problem, the only controller I'm using is the wiimote. Gsmax5 06:51, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Source doesn't compile
When I try to make the binary, it says that I haven't got the powerpc-gekko files, but I have them. Why happen this? Duhow
- You probably don't have the devKitPPC bin folder in your PATH and thus why it can't find the tools. You can add by adding 'export PATH+=":path_to_devkitppc/bin"' to your environment under linux. If you are in windows i think you have to go to your control panel to access environment variables ... i'm not sure. --Rhys 08:59, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Access environment variables? No idea. I have the powerpc-gekko files inside the folder and it doesn't run. I have cygwin, devkitpro and libogc of vba-wii in Windows, because I don't have linux. Then, what more do I need? Duhow
- In a way i agree.i have upgraded tools for devkitpro (i.e. libogc, portlibs for other emulators, so on so forth) and compiling wii64 feels to be difficult where as other projects can be compiled easily. (meaning opening up command going to the directory and typeing in make and watch it do the rest then if i need to for gen+ that is link the elf to a boot.dol)--Trigger ftu 20:27, 20 November 2010 (CET)
Where can I download games? And once I do download games, is there anything that I need to do with the SD card before putting the games on? Like do I need to download something special so that I can put said games on the card and they will be playable? A response including these would be greatly appreciated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Therobonapkin (talk • contribs) 23:30, 11 April 2009
- Public Domain roms and PDRoms.de, read Wii64#ROM Format, and read Wii64#ROM Format again. LoganA 18:23, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
No Piracy Talk
Use MPK Format for Memory Cards?
I don't know if this is already implemented or planned, but PLEASE - I beg, use the MPK format used by Project64 and Mupen64 for memory card saves! Recently I lost my data on my physical N64 memory card, but I had previously backed it up to dexdrive format (.N64) and converted them to .MPK as well, and would greatly appreciate being able to continue my saved games. Nintendo Maniac 64 22:59, 15 September 2009 (UTC)
In a future beta, will there ever be customizable controls? Thoko 23:20, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- Ummm... yes... read the dev page. (http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/wiki/Goals) -Gamewizard71 01:04, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
Option for hi-res or low-res texturepacks
once you load the game if it has its own texture pack go to options and load the texture pack up! can you do this?! --Labtech9998 03:30, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
That would be amazing! Also... Maybe widescreen support for ocarina of time and majora's mask? I believe they support widescreen fully if you force it (only 2 games I have found so far). No other games need it, just zelda. But yes please also support the texture packs if you can thanks :). --Sonicsleep 06:16, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Hey all, I was just wondering if this emulator has USB keyboard support? I sold my gamecube controllers with my gamecube :( --Danny 08:13, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Any way for me to speed things up?
So i got the new beta, and it works amazing. Only thing i was wondering about is if there would be any way for me to speed things up, like freeing up NAND space or SD space? The reason i ask this is because i can not get the kind of performance with master quest that you list on the compatability list. --ChuckBartowski 21:42, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
- Start coding... -Gamewizard71 00:58, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
Pokemon GB/C files?
Just wondering, is there any way to use pokemon GB/C files with the stadium games? It's not a big deal if there isn't :P
Otherwise, good work on Wii64, you guys have come a long way. Keep it up. Quinnfap 12:08, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
- The N-Rage controller plugin for Project64 does this, so I'd say it's definitely possible. Give the team some time, I'm sure it's coming soon. --Real 13:18, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Click Play Game - Instant Freeze
Using the latest build. Loading games from my USB. After I load the roms from zip file and click Play Game the system always freezes, no matter what ROM I load. I thought I would at least be able to play SM64. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sin (talk • contribs) 01:20, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
game freeze fix
all you need to do is unzip the file. If you do that the software will appear to freeze only for about 3 seconds then load the game CriticalAcclaim 20:16, 22 November 2009 (UTC)
Classic Controller Pro not supported
Analogs not working when using Nintendo's Classic Controller Pro. --CPS 22:07, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
yep... same here... kinda sucks considering this is the only reason i bought the damn thing (the classic controller pro)Danny47906 00:59, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
I would think that the Classic Controller Pro would be the same internally as the original Classic Controller just being a shell redesign because this is a problem. --Wildgoosespeeder 01:47, 10 July 2011 (CEST)
Does not read controller
I launched this up, plugged in my classic conroller, and opened Super Mario 64. It works, but it says NO CONTROLLER. I'll try my nunchuk and see if that works. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Funman (talk • contribs) 00:43, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- I believe you need to change the settings to use other controllers. --bg4545 04:30, 22 February 2010 (UTC)
failed to save
hi:D hmm im getting that error for every game:( i wish they would give you a reason why:P so i can try to fix it lol um anyone having this problem? um please reply and i need to use the save feature their is no why i can finish a game in one sitting with all homework i get:( supermariovb64 —Preceding undated comment added 00:39, 26 February 2010 (UTC).
This is really cool! I've never played N64 games before. Anyway, I'm using the Classic Controller. Pressing "Right" on the d-pad (not the analog stick) always seems to activate two things at once.... In Super Mario 64 it both zooms the camera and rotates the camera to rhe right. In Rampage World Tour it both moves to the right and makes the monster kick. In Carmageddon it both activates a powerup and zooms the camera.... (EDIT: Ah, the trainer in the WWF game tells me that when I press Right on the d-pad, it's pressing Right + all the directional buttons at the same time). Also, how about having the Home button on the Classic Controller acess the menu (like in every other wii game :P ) instead of the weird y + x combo....
Quick tip: If you press Start in Bomberman 64 right when it shows him running from a mine cart, the adventure game will be playable. If you press start before that, the game won't be playable, because you can't see anything.... --Mr. Reaper 08:59, 27 February 2010 (UTC)
Correct way to burn readable DVD's ? & Forum
Hello, Thank you for your hard work. I have been able to get some games to work, while others like 007 The World is Not Enough does not work, the textures are all wrong. I decided the best way to test weas to burn ROM's to DVD but there is no guide on the website for the proper format. Perhaps you could crete a FAQ's and put it in there? I burned .z64 files less that 325 files total, using Windows Nero Burning Rom DVD-ROM (ISO) File System as ISO 9660 + Joliet Character Set = ISO 9660 (Standard ISO CD-Rom) No Multisession and Finalize Disk and I had the Disk Verified without Errors. When I try to load from rom i get Error reading directory. What am I doing wrong? I have the latest version of the software. Kieranmullen 09:18, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
wii 64 save problem
Have got super mario 64 working with wii64 no problem. When i save the game the amount then restart later the stars collected is correct but my lives always restart to four. Is the an error? please help as this is annoying. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kopredite (talk • contribs) 22:49, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- Not a error. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Atomix26 (talk • contribs) 23:02, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
- That's not an error, that always happens, so collecting lots of lives is only useful if you're planning on playing a while! Also, please please PLEASE remember to sign your comments! Saicotic 23:03, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
Doesn't support USB
Hi, I've recently Soft-modded my Wii, and I've been trying to get Wii64 to load my roms. They're in .z64 format, and whenever I attempt to select them from my USB device, via the Load Rom -> From USB menus, it gives me an error message:
"usb:/wii64/roms/ cannot be found!"
The problem is, time and time again, I've gone in and checked, all the files are in the correct directories.
I've also checked the Wii HDD compatibility list, and mine is on it. I am simply addled as to what could be causing the trouble. For the record, I've had trouble with a few other emulators that don't seem to recognize the presence of my USB HDD, also, so I'm not sure whether it's that, even though it's fully capable of loading the Homebrew Channel, and most other applications, or what is occuring with the software. Any help would be appreciated. Jwguy 10:18, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
are you sure you have it partitioned as fat32? else, maybe you have a space in your device name. Wolfos
actually to comment on this if i am right it isn't compatible yet with the new HBC setup because as you know the HBC is now useing ios58 for the usb2.0 and if i remember wii64 is setup for the older way with ios37. the only way i can figure this is i have a WD 1tb external filled with anime,homebrew, and snes, sega, nes, and n64. and it worked as of hbc 1.0.6(correct me if the version number is wrong) and below so the new update kinda killed usb support for wii64 and an sd card is required. --Trigger ftu 09:18, 7 September 2010 (CEST)
paper mario crashing problem
paper mario crashes when mario e luigi enters peach's castle for the first time.black screen. i tried 7 ntsc roms and 2 pal roms and all the same problem...if someone can help me...
Hey! I've noticed this for a while, but the "Compatibility List (new)" link doesn't lead to what it's supposed to. Apparently the forum domain was removed or changed. Does anyone know whether this list still exists? Or is it still on the site "omgforum", but just in a different place? - Zafum 20:21, 20 September 2010 (CEST)
Animal Forest Translation Error
Playing the non-translated version of Animal Forest (called Doubutsu no Mori) works fine, however, when I applied the translation patch to translate the game into English, it doesn't run. It works using Project 64 on PC however, so I know the rom is good. Any hints as to why this is? RockGuy32 02:45, 11 June 2011 (CEST)
- Sorry for the late reply, but there could be a number of reasons. Firstly, it's worth noting that "works on Project64" isn't the same as "good". N64 emulation at present uses methods which are highly inaccurate to the way a real N64 worked, and ROM hacks are tailored to work for that environment. It's not uncommon for a hack to work great on the emulator it was tailored for, but not at all on a different emulator or even real hardware. It could be that Mupen64 (the core of Wii64) is "too accurate" to run the hack. Or it might not be accurate enough, or just accurate in the wrong areas for compatibility with a hack aimed at PJ64 usage. Basically, at this point in N64 emulation history, hacks aren't reliable in terms of cross-compatibility. This one might work in the future, but it also might never work. You're probably best off just playing it wherever it does. Vague Rant 04:47, 5 November 2011 (CET)
Should the compatibility lists just be hosted right here on WiiBrew because the revised list did not ever exist when I wanted to view it. Also Superman 64 does work great on this emulator and it's not listed on the compatibility list! I suspect that it's not there because it's one of the worst games of all time. That would be really funny if that was the reason! XD --Wildgoosespeeder 01:47, 10 July 2011 (CEST)
Q:why not ask tantric to help with the gui and to help with the rice plugin you're working on so you can focus more on rebuilding the dynarec and interpreter to have better compatibility and a better frame rate with n64 games.--Umashi 01:35, 5 November 2011 (CET)
When I try to Load a ROM via a USB flash drive, it gives me an "Error Opening Directory usb:/wii64/roms" message. But everything's where it should be. I don't get it...
Roads 22:40, 27 February 2012 (CET)