Here Is The Talk Page For ThemeShooters!
Discuss themeshooter by posting comments and asking questions and or submitting problems with the app.
just fyi, the used fonts for HBC:
Liberation Sans-Book-R-Normal-Sans--34-340-72-72-P-197-ISO8859-1 Liberation Sans-Bold-R-Normal-Sans--34-340-72-72-P-205-ISO8859-1
Please do also note that there is no spacing between app buttons, neither in list nor in grid mode. If you do button designs that fill right to the edge, buttons will touch. --Drmr 17:49, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the comments, I will try to update it soon to take account of these things. --SifJar 20:28, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
"the homebrew channel"
I couldn't help but notice that the text that says "the homebrew channel" is very fuzzy. I have the font that it is in so I made a png
with the same scale as the screenshots. I'm not sure how well you can put this in there but here it is.
--bg4545 21:37, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Well now I feel stupid, I just downloaded it and I can see that there's just a separate png for it.
--bg4545 23:47, 15 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you very much, I made the original version from a theme in a few seconds and was aware it was crap, I'll replace it with your version in the next release, if that's OK with you? --SifJar 20:28, 18 August 2010 (UTC)
ThemeShooter is a good app that will definitely help with the new HBC themes but unfortunately its windows-only with no-source. As a result of this, I decided to write a python version from scratch (relies on Tkinter and PIL), using the screenshots from the main page as guidance. It could probably do with some cleaning up, comments, etc and it's inferior as it merely shows a preview rather than generate an image file (plus I haven't added the Homebrew Channel text to it yet) but in theory it should run on pretty much any OS with python 2.x, Tkinter and the Python Imaging Library. Basically what I'm asking is whether I can get the approval to add this to the ThemeShooter page as an alternate version for Linux, BSD and Mac users. HoKaze 21:08, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, it definitively help making me angry and frustrated. — Extrems (talk • contribs) 21:20, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- I'd be very happy for you to release a cross-platform version, I just made this to try and help theme developers. I can also release source if you want, it's written in AutoHotKey. I'll release source with the next version which will have a few improvements. --SifJar 20:28, 18 August 2010 (UTC)