|This page is reserved for feature requests, and general discussion about the page itself. Please ask questions on the WiiBrew Forums.|
- 1 Feature Requests
- 1.1 1:1 Native resolution on games
- 1.2 Internet Play
- 1.3 Control SNES mouse with USB Mouse
- 1.4 2x SAI Filter
- 1.5 High-res mode-7 support
- 1.6 x,y stretch setting for each game
- 1.7 Custom video filter for each game
- 1.8 Menu Controls are broken with classic controller
- 1.9 Additional Control Editing for Wiimote/Nunchuk
- 1.10 XBOX 360 Controller Support ?
- 1.11 Storage Location Priorities
- 1.12 Show FPS
- 1.13 Walkthrough/FAQ reader
- 1.14 File Browser Filters
- 1.15 Saving Prompt + Exit Prompt
- 1.16 Load games and saves from separate storage devices
- 1.17 control snes controller with usb controller
- 1.18 NTFS Support
- 2 Help
- 3 No wii channel?
1:1 Native resolution on games
Games are automatically stretched currently, so the picture is a bit distorted, and it's especially noticeable on an LCD screen with progressive scan. Using filters or hq2x helps, but currently there seems to be no way to run a game in its native resolution. The closest thing currently is to zoom out, but that's not exact enough, plus you'd have to change it for each game (since they don't all have the same resoltion). -mogleum 04:03, 06 April 2009 (UTC)
Will snes9x GX ever support 2 player games via the internet? Its seems like it might even be a good opportunity to use the Wii ID numbers to accomplish this.--Substance Dii 08:15, 02 November 2008 (UTC)
- I would like to second Internet Play. Is this possible on the Wii? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thefuture (talk • contribs) 17:58, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
- this feat would be better with the use of wii system id's but useing the current method isn't bad for getting 4 players in game.--Trigger ftu 19:21, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Control SNES mouse with USB Mouse
I think there's no USB Hid controls on libOGC but maybe in futur this can be done ^^ --Yod4z 23 september 2008 22:12 GMT+1
- This should now be possible to add, as libOGC has added USB HID support: http://www.devkitpro.org/category/libogc/ --ThaMANSTA 22:23, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, this is trivial, since I've added usb mouse support to libogc. But even still, I don't really see a need for it in Snes9x GX. --Tantric 02:19, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
2x SAI Filter
Would it be possible to add the 2x SAI filter to the video scaling options? I'm noticing a significant framerate drop in some games when using the HQ2x scaling filter. Robobot 18:53, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
High-res mode-7 support
Hi Tantric! One feature that I am surprised not to have heard mention of is hi-res mode-7. Is there a reason why this feature never made it through to the Wii port? If possible, it would add a nice touch to games that take advantage of mode7 (f-zero, Contra 3 etc.), especially for those people using 480pii. Thanks for your hard work! --Chin77 02:51, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
x,y stretch setting for each game
To be able to save the stretch setting in some games like SF2 to full screen might enhance the playing experience. -Chin77 20:54, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
Custom video filter for each game
The ability to set and save the best possible video filter setup for each game. (Filtered,h2qx,h2qx-soft, h2qx-bold) -Chin77 20:54, 19 December 2010 (UTC) UTC)
Menu Controls are broken with classic controller
When home is used during gameplay to reach the ui, buttons are rendered ineffective, sometimes permanently. Also, the directions left and right when choosing save or cancel is broken. When the left hand button is high-lighted, it's not possible to hilight the right by pushing to the right. Instead you have to push left to reach it. Then from there the reverse is true. This is tested with a classic controller pro.(Chin77 02:29, 16 March 2011 (CET))
Additional Control Editing for Wiimote/Nunchuk
Hey, is it possible for this emulator to support mapping SNES buttons to the D-Pad and still move using the Nunchuk Analog stick? Feels awkward for some games to have A/B/X/Y split between the Wii Remote and Nunchuk when the D-Pad is there unused. --FSLink 13:59, 12 February 2010 (UTC)
XBOX 360 Controller Support ?
Strange to ask for I imagine with all the available controls for the Wii (I love the classic controller!) But it would be nice to have basic hid usb game controller support for offbeat usb controllers I have lying around, or the 360 in specific would be nice. It's as functional as a Gamecube or Classic Controller and USB (some of them) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Gllt (talk • contribs) 04:57, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Storage Location Priorities
I've been meaning to code this myself for ages, but just haven't got around to it. Basically, I take my Wii with me to friend's and family member's houses, where I want the SD card to be used for saves with games loaded from USB (if present), or SD if not. At home however, I have my game repository available on the LAN, and I want to use that if available, only falling back to USB if not, then finally falling back to SD if USB is unavailable. Similar in a way to how a PC chooses it's boot device, I guess.
Ideally, this would all be configurable in a ordered list so for example, those who run mainly from USB would be able to prefer that instead, and be able to disable the storage devices they don't use (e.g. the SD). It does mean you need to configure all storage options of course. Mr jrt 11:46, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
It would be of much help, a text reader that can memorize it's position, so we can follow walkthroughs and faqs. It would be more ecological too, so we don't need to print them to follow. Madfilipe 15:30, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
File Browser Filters
With very large collections (e.g. Goodsets), browsing for a specific file out of the list can be very difficult and especially time-consuming without any sorting or filtering options. It can be done by creating a folder hierarchy, but that's fairly inefficient. While it doesn't have to look like this, and it could probably use genre filters or a search option as well, but that's way ahead of the game; I mocked this up using some of the files available on the repo to better demonstrate what I'm talking about. Runefox 05:15, 31 August 2010 (CEST)
Saving Prompt + Exit Prompt
After hitting the home button, we are prompted to save our progress. This is not necessary and a bit tedious. Similarly, when we select main menu, a prompt is launched, warning that we will lose progress. I don't necessarily think you should get rid of these features per se, but an option to disable them in the configuration would allow it to flow much more smoothly in my opinion.
Generally, I think ram should be automatically saved when the home button is pressed while freeze states should be completely manually performed. Also, when navigating with the classic controller, the icon currently being highlighted isn't easily identifiable. I think maybe an arrow or more obvious graphic would help a great deal to differentiate. --Ideonfukkatsu 09:35, 23 October 2010 (CEST)
Load games and saves from separate storage devices
I like to keep my games and save files on different storage devices. Could you please try to get this emulator to include the option to load the games from one storage device and the save states and sram files from another? This would be really convenient for me. Thanks in advance. Ness and Sonic 23:00, 25 March 2011 (CET)
- I don't understand - it already has this option. There's the Load Device and Save Device settings. --Tantric 07:27, 26 March 2011 (CET)
- Wait. The load option is the load game device and save device is where the Sram and savestates are stored? If that is the case, could you please rename the "load device" option to "game device" or something similar so it wouldn't be as ambiguous. Thanks. Ness and Sonic 20:24, 26 March 2011 (CET)
control snes controller with usb controller
I think i may not be the only one asking this but is it possible for you to add usb hid support in the next Snes9x GX release, cause i know some of us would like to play the games with an xbox control, ps2/usb control, or any logitech usb hid device.--Umashi 13:41, 18 May 2011 (CEST)
- I don't believe that's possible on the Wii. (At least not at the moment.) --wiisixtyfour 07:12, 19 May 2011 (CEST)
- Actually i believe it is possible seeing as there was a game i heard of that used IOS55 and that it would let you use a logitech steering wheel with the wii so technically if that same ios was used,
it would let you use usb controllers,xbox controllers,ect.--Umashi 13:24, 18 June 2011 (CEST)
I use 1TB HD with NTFS format, but snes9x GX do not recognize it.
game gene codes?
a bit curious but how exactly do you add the codes in for the game? clearly yes it requires the codes to be in a file with a CHT extension and with the same name but even after doing so the file isn't found by the emulator. --Trigger ftu 23:31, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
No wii channel?
Is there going to be a wii channel for this emulator too, or just for VBA and nes?
- Seconded. SNES9x is a great program and easily deserves its own channel, would be so awesome if it could be done!