- 1 This vs, Starfall
- 2 Uninstallation
- 3 Should starfall be removed before installing this ?
- 4 doubts
- 5 Where do installed apps go?
- 6 Bug in preloader 0.28
- 7 What's the safest way to install preloader?
- 8 Eject DVD bug 0.28 [?]
- 9 How do I install This thing?
- 10 Basic settings
- 11 Hacks.ini question
- 12 Will This work If I Try To Install It in 4.0
- 13 Additional Hacks
- 14 It Would Be Nice...
- 15 How to rescue if I installed on 4.0
- 16 Update
- 17 How to install?
- 18 SDHC Conflict
- 19 A few things...
- 20 Updating Preloader (0.27-0.29)
- 21 hacks page
- 22 Right-Press Autoboot
- 23 .29 still spins disc endlessly
- 24 .29 widescreen
- 25 where is the "Stop System updates via network / WiFi" implemented?
This vs, Starfall
I'm assuming the "hacks.ini" part is similar to the Starfall type hacks. How dangerous is this program compared to Starfall? I've used starfall (3.2U) and it works great, but I'm afraid of the "brick risk" with this program. Also, it sounds like it has similar BootMii capabilities. (sorry i ask a lot of questions, thanks in advance to whoever answers) =) Jdcx95 01:08, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
Is it possible to easily uninstall this? Because I've read in a few places that it impossible easily to uninstall, and the only way to uninstall it is by using a new SysMenu WAD. --Murkantor 07:28, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Maybe AnyTitle Deleter? Jdcx95 20:42, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Well I don't think you can uninstall it, but basically if you just set the preloader to disable and delete the hacks.ini on your sd. It would be just the same as uninstalled. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Crwys (talk • contribs) 20:46, 12 January 2009
- It's ok, I managed to uninstall it. I ripped the 3.2E SysMenu and used a WAD installer to reinstall. And to my research, AnyTitle Deleter would brick the Wii. Since Preloader just renames the SysMenu and puts it's own .DOL in it's place, the Wii wouldn't find a .DOL on Boot, so it won't boot. But this app is a good idea (Just like BootMii...), the only thing it lacks is an easy uninstallation. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Murkantor (talk • contribs) 07:40, 13 January 2009
- I think theres now an uninstaller on the main page of this article. Jdcx95 21:22, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- I couldn't get AnyRegion Changer to work, and I couldn't find the "Remover" either... --Murkantor 16:49, 15 January 2009 (UTC)
Does the install of a system menu update work as an uninstall also? Pinball wizard 02:00, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- as removes files left in share2? those not removed by reinstalling the menu Thank you very much for the application —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lord Kratos (talk • contribs) 18:47, 11 March 2009
Should starfall be removed before installing this ?
I'm thinking of installing this, but I have one small question. Do I need to uninstall / turn off hacks in Starfall in order to install it safely ? Or can I just leave Starfall 'on' and run Preloader.
Great work ! —Preceding unsigned comment added by WalkerOfTheDay (talk • contribs) 12:27, 10 February 2009
- Update: just installed it yesterday on top of starfall, without turning of any Starfall hacks.
And it worked like a charm ! —Preceding unsigned comment added by WalkerOfTheDay (talk • contribs) 07:52, 17 February 2009
i'm loving starfall which i believe is the best homebrew thing out there but this also looks very very good, is there any risk in installing this with the menu patched by starfall? please someone who knows if there are issues or if someone has just installed it with starfall on, please tell me! thanks everyone! --balta 22:12, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
i think i got that with preloader i can do everything and more that i'm doing with starfall, is there somewhere something like a tut? or something else for n00bs like me?--balta 22:52, 11 February 2009 (UTC) moreover, is it possible to have this installed but dis activated (just as i can have starfall and patches turned off) so the system menu is booting normally? thanks again for the info, i'm very concerned in installing patches-mods in my wii, thanks--balta 22:12, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Where do installed apps go?
I know its a small point, but I'm the sort of person who doesn't like having unused apps wasting space. If you could let us know where on the filesystem it's installed we could just go and delete it. Maybe a delete app option on a future version would be nice too. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Robotmenace (talk • contribs) 19:37, 19 February 2009
Bug in preloader 0.28
Whenever the Wii turns into standby and there's a disc in the slot, the drive spins the disc. --IcyVeins 09:05, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
Will be fixed in the next version and there might be a beta version with that fixed before 0.29. Crediar 01:13, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- I also have the same bug as IcyVeins, but also if I power down from either the Preloader or the HBC it will go to standby (orange) but will not turn on unless you hold down the power button to turn off to the red light. I have a PAL system running 3.2E JP 11:52, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
I have the same problem as above with .29 on a 4.0E wii TwoBladedKnight 06:59, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
What's the safest way to install preloader?
Does it matter if I install this through the TP Hack, or through HBC? Or is there another safer way? Also, if this just renames and replaces main.dol, couldn't someone write a tool to rename this and bring back the old main.dol?--Wilsoff 23:32, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
All methods bare the same risk, yes someone could write such a tool but it's much safer to reinstall the System Menu. Crediar 01:13, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
Eject DVD bug 0.28 [?]
I've got preloader 0.28 installed and when my wii is turned off and I press the eject button, instead of spitting out the game, it just powers on the wii and loads the file I told him to load (CahMans's Wii Home) but doesn't eject anything. I don't know if it's a preloader or a wiihome bug, if it is actually a bug...--balta 12:23, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
How do I install This thing?
- run the dol from HBC or TP Hack.--Wilsoff 05:12, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
I hadn't realised how great this app was. At first I was annoyed by the preloader coming up everytime I booted my Wii, then I was frustrated that whenever I came out of a program that it went back to preloader. Then... I was annoyed with MYSELF for not realising how great Preloader is! Here are some basic settings that will keep all of the benefits of preloader and none of the downsides (my opinion). Bascially I suggest the following as as starting point for people who have just instaled this: > Autoboot - set to on, booting systemmenu > Return to - systemmenu > Health screen - change to back menu. Now Preloader is almost invisible, and if you need it you just turn off the wii, hold down reset and turn it back on again, voila, preloader menu! Now you won't even see the black health screen or have to press A to get to the channels screen. Great work from crediar - thank you!--Wilsoff 05:12, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi. I have created a NTSC-U 0.28 hacks.ini file with hacks.ini creator. There are several hacks created, but there is one that says "Remove diagnostic disc check". In Starfall, I remember that there was one that said "Remove diagnostic disc check", and one that said "Hold Y on GC Controller for rescue menu". In Preloader, do you still need to take apart your GC controller if you use this hack in order to access the rescue menu, or does this hack take care of both of those? If so, can someone provide me with a hacks.ini that has both of those options, so I can press Y to access the menu, and boot a disc that is not a recovery disk? Thanks. --Bdr9 16:39, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Will This work If I Try To Install It in 4.0
i recently just used waninkokos new updater to make my wii 4.0 and still be able to use old features i would really like to know if this still works on 4.0 but im to afraid to try help? please —Preceding unsigned comment added by Deadlyangel91792 (talk • contribs) 16:40, 26 March 2009
- Do NOT install this on 4.0 (after using Waninkoko's updater) It WILL BRICK YOUR WII!!! IT happened to me!!! Do NOT USE IT! I just get a "System data Corrupt" Message now on boot. I'm attempting to get it fixed. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Twil (talk • contribs) 22:10, 27 March 2009
This worked ok for me. I has 3.2E, cISO rev9, cISOCORPS and preLoader 0.28. I just installed the IOS60 patch, then used Waninkoko's updated to get to 4.0. I then installed preLoader 0.29 with no issues. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Joe90 (talk • contribs) 07:23, 1 April 2009
- okay, i have 4.0E once i downgraded from 3.4E to 3.2E. I can't install this app on my wii, says IOS36 is fakesigned ERROR. Starfall doesnt work on 4.0 so im stuck :| anyone knows how to solve this? (Waninkoko's 4.0) --Tusk 12:26, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
What additional hacks can be added to the ini file?
I was looking for something that could let my copy protected save files without having to load GeckoOS every time. Also, does it autoboot to the system menu unless the reset button is held, or does it load a selection menu on startup automatically? I would like the prior. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Seandgibbonsy (talk • contribs) 23:06, 26 March 2009
- Preloader/hacks Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)
It Would Be Nice...
If you could run homebrew disks from the disk channel, I like to use homebrew disks because I don't have a SD reader. It would be of convienence (and look pretty nice) if I could run them from the disk channel with a hack instead of going all the way to the homebrew channel and launching it or having additional channels. User:Corysmart
How to rescue if I installed on 4.0
Will 0.28 update via Wifi to 0.29 now or in the future? (most of you know why I reference these 2 times..) --ninjafish1990 17:40, 01 April 2009 (EST)
- I don't believe so, Crediar hasn't said much about that whilst in the #preloader IRC channel. Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)
How to install?
I tried installing preloader 0.29 on system menu 4.0u, but it just hangs at the warning screen. --Piratesmack 22:37, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- You need to press A, 2, and then 1 in sequence on the warning screen. At least, that's what I was told. --Bdr9 23:00, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
- You only need to Press 1. Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)
Am I correct to assume that the current preloader interferes with the ability to use SDHC cards for SD Menu? --kmclaugh —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kmclaugh (talk • contribs) 16:22, 4 April 2009
- yes it does. so they shouldn't work. Djdynamite123 15:27, 9th April 2009 (UTC)
A few things...
1. That "repairing" thing was a mean April fools joke! You scared the crap out of me! (It was a good one though.)
2. Is there anywhere similar to the usb gekko code database for the preloader/starfall hacks?
3. An ability to load a game directly would be cool, not to mention the unbricking possibilities. (I know the direct hombrew channel link solves this mostly, but in the unlikely event of a forced system update and removal of the homebrew channel it would be useful.) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ienjoytaffy (talk • contribs) 21:50, 4 April 2009
- So 0.29 functions normally right? I mean, as of April 2nd. Also, I have StarPatch and cIOS-Corp (with cios60BF) installed. Would that cause any problems? Especially considering preloader patches IOS60 and I have a custom IOS60 already. - Twil
Updating Preloader (0.27-0.29)
Since the from-console online update is broken/unavailable to 0.29, is the best way to just launch the .dol install out of HBC/TH SD card again or are there changes I should make in the configuration first?
I think it would be a good idea to link the preloader/hacks page somewhere on the main preloader page saying that it has updates for the hacks.ini because if you dont know its there it can be quite hard to find AzXeus 08:46, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
What does the "Disc auto start when right pressed" hack do? Does it automatically run the wii game in the DVD drive, if right on the GC controller or wiimote is held on startup? - [User:Seandgibbonsy|Twil] —Preceding unsigned comment added by Seandgibbonsy (talk • contribs) 15:30, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
.29 still spins disc endlessly
I just noticed that my disc still spins endlessly while having wc24 on, just read in the update log that it shouldn't but mine still does :s TwoBladedKnight 07:02, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
Just updated to 4.0 today, and when I tried to install the hacks it said "hacks for your systemmenu version(v417) were found N" and reloaded preloader. Tried a few times checked a few places to make sure the hacks were correct, but it wouldn't work. I thought it was supposed to say "No hacks for your systemmenu version(v417) were found" but it was not showing up because I was on wide screen. So I changed my settings to 4:3 on the system menu to see if the text would show up, and like magic the hacks showed up. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Davidson (talk • contribs) 05:52, 6 May 2009
where is the "Stop System updates via network / WiFi" implemented?
PAL 4.0e with Preloader 0.29
1. i cannot see a hack in 4.0e for making sure that the Systen does not update over the network i can see the Stop Disk Updates ok, just not that one... i wonder if it's part of the IOS60 patching that was done, but unsure if that was part of the install of preloader 0.29? any way of checking that that patch (if i'm not just making it up...) is working?
also, propbably related to the answer above
2. is it safe to have WiiConnect24 installed to get news/weather? i seem to remeber the advice (from 'experts' ie respected teams) saying "make sure its off!!"
Many thanks in advance for any answers