Just wanted to say, thanx for this release, I have never been able to get Nuvalo's working, It must hate my wiimote :D great game, i'l keep an eye on this :)
Uhmm, just had a game, the wiimote is bizarre at startup, and the screen is totally offset, and it exceptions when exiting. djdynamite123
10:22, 25 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 09:25, 25 May 2009 (UTC).
- Yes, I set up the control scheme table on the main page, you need to have the Nunchuk plugged in and use it to navigate. Other than that, I'm not sure what you're getting at with "bizarre". The screen offset is purposeful, as the source video is 320x200, and upscaled to 640x400. If enough people want, I will look into upscaling to 640x480. As for the exception when exiting, to get around that for now, press the reset button on the Wii. It returns to the HBC. I should have that fixed in the next release. Molokai
12:27 PDT, 25 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 19:31, 25 May 2009 (UTC).
great, yeah the scaling to 640x480 is more like it :) great work! I'l have another try shortly, do we have to use numchuk? djdynamite123
20:39, 25 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 19:42, 25 May 2009 (UTC).
- Yes, Nunchuk is required for use with the Wiimote. There's currently no way (that I know of) to use the Wiimote by itself (Tyrian doesn't recognize the Dpad inputs). I should be able to set that up when I edit the configuration settings. Molokai
13:47 PDT, 25 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 20:51, 25 May 2009 (UTC).
Great, would be cool without the nunchuk, it it would feel much better. I could never get Nuvalo's wii-linux based Tyrian to recognise my wiimote, which was a shame all this time. Anyway can't wait for updates :) djdynamite123
21:52, 25 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 20:57, 25 May 2009 (UTC).
- Yeah, it was pretty tricky. But when I was able to get it to recognize mine, I think I didn't realize at the time it was set up exactly the way this is set up now. BTW, I'm thinking I might not even bother with tehskeen, if you want to take care of that instead, feel free. Molokai
13:47 PDT, 25 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 03:45, 26 May 2009 (UTC).
That's up to you about tehskeen, anyway great job on new release, works perfectly, If we can get simple wiimote support only, and fullscreen I will be happy as they come :) djdynamite123
11:44, 26 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 10:48, 26 May 2009 (UTC).
I'm another throwing my vote in for 640*480 upscaling. Also curious if im the only one getting popping audio? mobilisq —Preceding undated comment added 17:18, 27 May 2009 (UTC).
No, I forgot to mention I'm getting the same really strange popping audio sound, any idea why this is? also can't wait for fullscreen and network play!!! nice wiimote only support yippee :) djdynamite123
18:44, 27 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 17:47, 27 May 2009 (UTC).
- Unfortunately, I think the popping sound is due to the music being sampled at 32khz (and the Wii outputting that), but the sound effects are currently sampled at 33khz (since I have not gotten a proper resampler in place for those). I did this, for now, because I wanted to get it out, and I thought it was passable enough. You can just turn the sound effects down for now, and it's not so noticeable. (I have this theory because I think I remember going into the Jukebox and letting the music play and not getting any popping or crackling).
As for the 640x480, I'm working on it now. Molokai
12:09 PDT, 27 May 2009 —Preceding undated comment added 19:13, 27 May 2009 (UTC).
Well, the 640x480 could take a little while, as it will require some bilinear interpolation to make it look very good. If anyone has any experience with that, I would appreciate the help (I'm starting basically from scratch as far as the coding goes). Molokai
18:29 PDT, 27 May 2009 —Preceding undated comment added 01:34, 28 May 2009 (UTC).
Problem Loading Game
I am having trouble getting this to work. I have the tyrian folder in the root of my sd card and the opentyrianwii folder in my apps folder, but when I load the game from the homebrew channel, a black screen with white typing flashes for a fraction of a second and then returns to the homebrew channel. I'm not sure why this isn't working, so perhaps someone could help me out?--MattMan 20:35, 29 May 2009 (UTC) —Preceding undated comment added 22:22, 28 May 2009.
- Mattman, try loading it via the homebrew loader for now. I've been posting around that I have a possible fix in the next release, but it's not guaranteed, and the release is a couple of days of yet. Molokai
20:20 PDT, 28 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 03:24, 29 May 2009 (UTC).
- New version out, could possibly have the fix for this. Molokai
22:20 PDT, 28 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 05:21, 29 May 2009 (UTC).
- New version out, could possibly have the fix for this. Molokai
- Okay, thank you. The new version works perfectly.--MattMan 20:35, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
V1.1.2 works great for me and I was having trouble getting V1.1.1 to work with HBC 1.0.3! When using the Wiimote horizontally, don't you think it makes more sense to have the "Fire" button be button "2" rather than "A"? Thanks! --SuperWario 15:41, 29 May 2009 (UTC)
- Look here and read my first post. You'll understand after that: tehskeen. The main problem is that SDL Wii isn't set up to change the control scheme of the Wiimote to a horizontal type automatically. I have the config coded to rig all four Wiimote "joysticks" for use with the Nunchuck by default. Hence my question on tehskeen. Molokai
16:08 PDT, 29 May 2009—Preceding undated comment added 16:12, 29 May 2009 (UTC).
Got this randomly in the middle of level 3. Not a huge deal, but I wanted to record it somewhere.
Exception (DSI) occurred! GPR00 00000018 GPR08 0000000C GPR16 80110000 GPR24 80492934 GPR01 804BA4F8 GPR09 00000279 GPR17 80110000 GPR25 80481248 GPR02 80105D88 GPR10 807C3528 GPR18 80110000 GPR26 8011AED0 GPR03 807C30A0 GPR11 807D2F28 GPR19 80498D90 GPR27 807C30A0 GPR04 807C3577 GPR12 00000240 GPR20 80110000 GPR28 80110000 GPR05 FFFFFFE8 GPR13 80108EE0 GPR21 80110000 GPR29 808E7E78 GPR06 808E7E3C GPR14 80110000 GPR22 80110000 GPR30 80110000 GPR07 00000140 GPR15 80110000 GPR23 CCCCCCCD GPR31 00000000 LR 800322F8 SRR0 800321ec SRR1 0000a032 MSR 00000000 DAR 00000279 DSISR 04000000 STACK DUMP: 800321ec --> 800322f8 --> 8005d010 --> 8009403c --> 800043a4 --> 800cb190 --> 800cb12c CODE DUMP: 800321ec: 88090000 2F800000 419E0008 98040000 800321fc: 38840001 4240FFB0 7F845800 409EFFD8 8003220c: 8001000C 38210008 7C0803A6 4E800020
--Mu mind 15:39, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
I also got this at the end of level 1. Rock on! 19:08, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
The most recent few changes have made save files incompatible between the PC and Wii versions. I was hoping to swap out the demo files with my own ships/levels. Any chance you'd like to add some demo recording function?