|Please fill up bugs, issues and requests at the Google Code Project Page Issues List, it's much easier to read and maintain than on this discussion page. Fcorbier 14:29, 5 October 2008 (UTC)|
Well if you want to I could design an Interface for you if you're interested you could contact my email ( christian (dot) kaik (at) gmail (dot) com, just replace (dot) with . and (at) with @ ;) ) Would be propably very cool to see some competitor for Wii Miida! So if you're interested, I'm always there with nice ideas ;) Send me a mail --ifletcher I think the MPlayer has a big potential I mean it supports almost all formats so it would be great to see it working with a nice Ui on the Wii :) Hope ur interested in my Supply!
Encoding for MPlayerWii
I'd like to share encoding settings for Mplayerwii since it doesn't support HD content yet. It looks like the maximum horizontal resolution is 640px and advanced h.264 features are not supposted. For the time I have good results with Handbrakes Basic-Normal Profile. Full resolution anamorphic dvdrips (720*575 in case of PAL) cause a fatal error.
mplayer Dvd edition
Is the dvd mplayer an unofficial version of mplayerwii or is it an entirely seperate port of the same program? shouldn't it be on its own page or something or was made using this mplayerwii code? Pebls123 13:04, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- the dvdlib edition is not derived from this port. we started it from scratch and it has its own page now. dhewg 15:47, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah that's what I thought.Pebls123 16:30, 13 August 2008 (UTC)
- How hard would it be to integrate the dvd playback functionality into into r0n's port of MPlayerWii? I've already got 3 dvd players but I was just curious. :p --Flark 13:04, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
- Not that hard, just look for differences in the Team Twiizer and r0n's mplayer port. If you combine them you might be able to create the perfect player ;) Sanderevers 20:23, 15 August 2008 (UTC)
- Someone is helping me to port the DVD functionality over to MPlayerWii, so you might see it as soon as the next version Fcorbier 01:49, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'm gonna take a shot at it, shouldn't be too hard. I was gonna do GeeXbox, but ended up crashing it, even though it's based off of Mplayer. Smalls1652 04:33, 16 August 2008 (EST)
Version 0.04 mentions the ability to mount and unmount the SD and USB. Could the controls for that be incorporated into the article? There is text chopped off on parts of my screen so any direction from the in-program menu is lost for me. Thav 15:02, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Having difficulty with this. My external is formatted into 2 partitions, one NTFS and one FAT32. This program should be able to read the FAT32 partition, right? Currently it doesn't detect anything. Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?
Mplayerwii use the usb support of libogc, so he doesn't recognize necessarily every hard drive usb. Try to run Usb Mass Storage Devive Tester V3, you will see if your HDD usb is recognize to every homebrew that use the libogc's usb support (mplayerwii, snes9xgx, fceugx...). If you want to be sure that your HDD usb will be recognize, use Geexbox. It's a linux-based homebrew, so it has the same usb support that whiite linux (more compatible). (Sorry for my poor english xD)
Streaming? Hi, just wondering will there ever be streaming support over the network, that would be nice :) many thanx djdynamite123 06.112008
Just one question
Will be subtitle support and when?
simple SMB playback
is it possible to implement a easy way to play files on a smb share? something like a fileexplorer where you enter ip, username and password to enter the share. after that the available files are listed and you can simply choose which one you want to play.--Screemer 00:01, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Bug with the Mplayer channel v0.06
when I try to quit the channel, I see an error : "an exeption occured (program)"
what does it mean ??
does I briccked my wii ??
It is only a bug of the channel ??
Note: On the hbc its working well like all other thing.
My games works well
MPlayerWii works very well for me. Probably it's the usefull homebrew I ever seen. It's just a little slow with big files but i think it is because my SD card is slow.
More collaboration with unofficial developers?
It seems to me like you could make a lot of great strides and reduce some of the clutter by working with some of the better "unofficial" developers (at least rodries) so it'd be less confusing as to which version was the best one. Plus you could get a lot more done for each release by splitting up the work. I found for 0.07 I had a hard time getting rodries' version to work so I went with the official one, even though I'd like some of the extra features. Could you guys not combine forces/sources to split up the work and release one super version? - ???
- I would second that request. MPlayerWii seems to have a great potential in becoming the #1 media player once the most common problems have been fixed. I've been testing it for quite some time now and can say that all major issues are already reported in the Google issue list already (#14, #29, #42). Would be great if the developers would join forces and maybe even underlie their great work with a roadmap planning. If you need some further help in organizing sour project, please contact me. I'm willing to help coordinating if you want my help... - to.rben 13:17, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
radio list with the titles of the stations
First of all sorry for my bad english ^^. I have got one idea for this project. I often listen to the radio by mplayerwii. the only one problem is that the program dont shows the names of the channels ;). It would be great when the programm shows it ^^. Thank you for this nice project.